Android 12 / OneUI 4.0 Beta - new dialog asking for notification "permission"

Hi,

I used a Galaxy S21 5G with Android 11 , installed and launched the app I am currently maintaining for my customer and made the Android update to the new Android 12 / One UI 4.0 Beta.

After the Android updated finished, I noticed that my app won’t start its Foreground Service after the phone rebooted (which works fine under Android 11 / One UI 3.x).
I rebooted the phone multiple times, but my app did not launch its Foreground Service.

So I looked into the app settings and noticed that the Notifications were completely blocked for my app.
Because a Foreground Service needs to show a Notification, the Foreground Service of my app could not be started due to this Notification blocking.

1. Problem →
    The migration of the app settings from Android 11 to Android 12 might be faulty.
    As my app was allowed to send Notifications on Android 11, it should also be allowed to send Notification after the user upgraded to Android 12. Otherwise the system overrides app settings without the knowledge of the user, which is bad practice.

Is this faulty migration while upgrading to Android 12 / One UI 4.0 of apps that are already installed a Bug in the current Android 12 / One UI 4.0 Beta and will be fixed until the final release?

I also noticed that, if my app wants to show a notification for the first time, if running on the Android 12 Beta, a new dialog pops up asking the user to allow the app to send notifications.
This dialog is not documented in the official Android 12 documentation and I’m unable to find any information about it on any websites or communities.

1. Problem →
    I don’t know how to handle this new dialog, as there exists no documentation.
    When is it triggered? Can it be customized and how? How to get a result for what the user has chosen? And so on.
    Is this a Bug, too? Can anyone lead me to any existing documentation?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Kind regards

Notifications are now blocked by default after app install and upgrading from Android 11 to Android 12 Beta:

And this is the undocumented dialog I was writing about:

1. response from Samsung “Developer” Support → default reply for beta software