Exercise Tim(er)

Is there a way to display the elapsed time since the start of an exercise?

I have a TicWatch Pro 5 and it lists YOGA as an exercise.
It is an exercise that doesn’t have a “limit”.
Once I start it, it keeps running.
I do stop it and restart it ever few days just to reset it, but it doesn’t seem to be really necessary.
Watch_Screenshot_240217-132137

I leave it running all the time as a way to make the watch HIGH HEART RATE EXERCISE ALARM always active and to make the DYNAMIC HEART RATE ZONE BACKLIGHT function all the time.

Not in Watch Face Studio.

I tried the stop watch complication but when you go back to the watch (back button) the time isn’t updated it does however keep going.

Ron

Ok. I have made a bit of progress on this though not enough to be definitive.
I have found 2 Mobvoi Faces that appear to show an “exercise icon” and some numbers but I don’t have a 10X magnifier to read the numbers.
What is interesting is that when I have either of those faces active on the watch, the Ultra Low Power Dynamic Backlite that changes color based on heart rate seems to stay permanently active which is what I am trying to design for.
I just want the watch to actually display the HR in a size/font that I can see it at night without my glasses.

HI, thought we discuss this in previous thread. changing the fonts and size of TAGS and complication? the progress bar topic.

We did. For the HR or BO2. So far i haven’t managed to get that whole duration number from the picture I posted to display properly. But, i am hoping I don’t actually need to in order to trigger the watch to hold the DYNAMIC BACKLIGHT active full time. I don’t really need to know the duration but so far my testing of a prototype face seems to indicate that it does have to display. If i don’t have full display on the main display, the DYNAMIC BACKLIGHT on the ULTRA LOW POWER display doesn’t stay active. I have sent Mobvoi a question. Hoping they surprise me and give me a useful answer. Right now they seem to be preoccupied with the fallout from updating their older watchs to Wear OS 3.5. They have a lot of confused users.
This seems to be a TICWATCH specific thing regarding how the ULP face that i cannot program interacts with the main face that i can design.
The ULP Face seems to have the full duration number available if i rotate the crown so i suspect i will need to have it on the main face as well.

I answering this only

What and how you get duration? It wfs design or ticwatch app?

Watch_Screenshot_240223-071022
Main Watch Face

Ultra Low Power watch face showing exercise duration with BLUE BACKLIGHT for LOW HR range.

I apperar to be dealing with a TicWatch specific thing that is the interaction between the 2 screen types.
As best i can tell, if the main watch face is not displaying at least, the exercise icon, the ULP display doesn’t display the EXERCISE duration and the BACKLIGHT doesn’t change in response to HR.

Maybe its a mode that is not supported by wfs.

I am real close. I just have to make the face trying different components. Icon, text box, title?? …
Let the face run for some time and see if I keep the dynamic display or not.
Going to be some trial and error since Mobvio doesn’t let anything out because they want me to pay a monthly subscription to use their editor.

Samsung Health has a “Daily Activity” complication that is an Icon and a number of daily active minutes but it resets every night at midnight. I think you are probably seeing something like that.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Daily activity is a separate thing… Look at the pictures.

Ok… It has been an interesting week or so.
I cannot completely explain why it works, but it is working.
Here is the WFS file I am using.
All Text Intsex.zip (190.2 KB)

This shows the things I can put in COMPLICATION 12 and I tried both ACTIVE HOURS TODAY (this works) and EXERCISE TIME TODAY (doesn’t work) but both take me to this screen on the watch.

This shows that I had a period of heart irregularities and the ALARM worked.

Here is what the MAIN FACE looks like.

This is the Ultra Low Power Screen showing EXERCISE TIME.

Here is the ULP showing HR with a GREEN background indicating normal HR.
The ULP HR COLORS

Samsung Health does not have Exercise Time only Daily Activity so I can’t check this.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Samsung doesn’t have the ULP either and that seems to be a big part of why i get unusual results.
I suspect it doesn’t have taekwondo as an “exercise” either. Or curling.

I am going to try and refine the face and generally clean it up.

Here is my latest design. I will need to sleep with it a few nights to see if I can see the numbers.
Night Face.zip (205.3 KB)

It is working even when I have the “STRESS APP” in COMPLICATION #13

All Heart.zip (204.7 KB)
Ok. Latest layout… Mad the icons smaller and the HR and BO2 larger.
Moved the Text for complication 13 and I am currently using the STRESS APP as a stand in for the not yet enable aFIB detector since the stress detector since probably “Heart Rate Variability” as part the data to produce a STRESS READING. I have activated CONTINUOUS STRESS MONITORING which means that watch will do a stress measurement every 30 minutes.
[Watch_Screenshot_240304-210952.jpeg - Google Drive]

Ok… I have verified that the Ti Watch Pro 5 uses that HR Sensor to determine STRESS.
From Alex at (Mobvoi)

Mar 6, 2024, 18:05 GMT+8

Dear Davi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Mobvoi support team!

The app for stress is TicZen, measured with the heart rate sensor.
_--------------------------------------
Does heart rate variability indicate AFib?

Heart Rate Variability in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation ...

As expected, both time and frequency domain parameters of HRV at baseline were clearly higher in the patients with atrial fibrillation than in the subjects with sinus rhythm. This reflects the overall higher degree of irregularity of ventricular rhythm in atrial fibrillation.

So I should be able to use that reading as at least an indication that I might be in aFib .

Going to redesign the face to put the stress reading where BO2 is currently.

1 Like

To recap this thread.

Goal was to be able to use WFS to make a Watch Face that could be read at night by a person with low vision to alert them of possible heart irregularities like Tachycardia and aFib and Blood Oxygen Level…

The watch in question is a Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 5.

The watch has the ability to detect these conditions but they are not activated because the watch has not been certified by the US FDA.

BUT, It can be programmed through settings to:

1. Continuously monitor HR during exercise periods and alarm if the HR exceeds 155 BPM. By selecting an exercise that doesn’t require a “goal/end time”, the watch can be effectively set to continuously monitor for and alarm for Tachycardia.
    In addition, the watch can be set such that the LOW POWER SCREEN changes color based on heart rate and this is my best way to easily see my HR.
  2. BO2 can be set such that it continuously (actually records a reading every 15 minutes) monitors O2 level during sleep periods and the sleep schedule can be set to run for 23 hrs a day. Thus giving nearly continuous display of current BO2 level subject to the watch requirement that the wearer be nearly motionless for about 2 minutes while the measurement is being taken.
  3. Monitoring for aFib is significantly more difficult. I have attempted to use the “STRESS MEASUREMENT” as a proxy since the watch can be set to measure stress every 15 minutes subject to being physically still for the about 2 minutes needed to do the measurement.
    Stress is measured using the Heart Rate detector and it measures what is called “Heart Rate Variability”.

Low HRV = HIGH STRESS

HRV is affected by several different things other than Physical Activity and emotional state.

Most notably Blood Pressure especially Diastolic which can vary because of medical conditions unrelated to Physical Activity and emotional state.

Most of the medications that are prescribed for either Tachycardia or aFib are actually BP medications that LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE.

HRV is highly inversely affected by diastolic blood pressure and my records seem to confirm that.

Diastolic blood pressure down = HRV UP = STRESS DOWN

It appears that aFib causes baseline HRV to be higher. High HRV = Low Stress and again my records seem to support that.

Because I have lost lung function due to disease, moderate exercise causes my respiration rate to increase and that likely lowers HRV causing HIGHER STRESS reading.

Tachycardia without arrhythmia, like anything that causes higher BPM results in lower HRV which the watch reads as HIGH STRESS and again my records seem to confirm that.

I have concluded that any time the watch displays either a VERY low reading (<20) or a high reading (>80), I need to get my BP Cuff out and get an accurate measurement.

I will mark this SOLVED but I actually think what I wanted to do is beyond the capability of WFS because Mobvoi/TicWatch has made some things only accessible via their proprietary Design Tool TimeShow and only then if you pay to use it.

The Data