Getting Written Permission from Samsung

Hi,

I’ve been working with an IOS app to control Samsung TV. I’ve created the iOS application using the Smart View SDK provided in the following Samsung website:

https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/extension-libraries/smart-view-sdk/ios-sender-app/enhanced-features.html

However, Apple’s App Store rejected the iOS application now. Here is the reason from Apple:

———————————————
Guideline 5.2.1 - Legal - Intellectual Property

Your app includes content or features from Samsung, or is marketed to control external hardware from Samsung, without the necessary authorization. The inclusion of third-party content within your app, whether retrieved from the internet by the app or embedded in the app, is subject to the terms of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

Your app and its contents should not infringe upon the rights of another party. In the event your app infringes another party’s rights, you are responsible for any liability to Apple because of a claim.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please attach documentary evidence in the App Review Information section in App Store Connect. In accordance with section 3.2(f) of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, you acknowledge that submitting falsified or fraudulent documentation can result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account and the removal of your apps from the App Store. Once Legal has reviewed your documentation and confirms its validity, we will proceed with the review of your app.

Alternatively, please remove the third-party content from your app and its metadata.
———————————————

I’m not sure this is the right place to discuss about this, but I haven’t found any other place to discuss about it.

Can anyone suggest me what is the procedure for getting a written permission from Samsung?

** Sony is providing an online form for developers to get Sony “Approved Use” letter, I think Samsung should do the same thing. **

https://developer.sony.com/develop/audio-control-api/legal-information

Thank you.