Improvements for Theme Design Eco System

Currently, every background color, text color, etc. for each theme-approved app is packaged in the editor as a package. In each of the app, for example, the contacts app, more than 300 attributes are specified for the final theme, which are then adopted to give the app the look.

However, the editor now has the most basic color under the Common Section.

Isn’t it better if only the colors visible in the tool are created once in each theme app and then the system app takes them and distributes them to the other assigned colors?

See current example snippet code.
color name=“about_page_actionbar_background_color”>fffafafa</color
color name=“about_page_app_info_btn_color”>#ffa6a6a6
color name=“about_page_app_info_icon_color”>#ff454545
color name=“about_page_app_name_text_color”>#ff252525

Each of this Lines must be created by the Tool, but now example improved System App Code and improved Tool Code which created only ex. 10 Colors.

color name=“about_page_actionbar_background_color”>@theme_backkground_color</color
color name=“about_page_app_info_btn_color”>@theme_title_text_color
color name=“about_page_app_info_icon_color”>@theme_title_text_color
color name=“about_page_app_name_text_color”>@theme_title_text_color

Let’s say the theme tool colors are inserted via an extra system APK. Example

import this to colors
color name=“theme_background_color”>fffafafa</color
color name=“theme_title_text_color”>fffafafa
import end
color name=“about_page_actionbar_background_color”>@theme_background_color</color
color name=“about_page_app_info_btn_color”>@theme_title_text_color
color name=“about_page_app_info_icon_color”>@theme_title_text_color
color name=“about_page_app_name_text_color”>@theme_title_text_color

Now only 2 colors are created in the tool, but other colors are then distributed in the system app. This type can significantly reduce the size of a theme, it would be uploaded faster, can reduce the data volume of the user and is more climate-friendly. And yes this is possible.

Also for the next Android 11 Version, the Google Android Theme is really easy based. So that each actually P OS Theme can be used on Q OS, when the Theme attributes are will the same, but i saw that each App Update get new Strings or exiting Strings are delete, why? It can be so easy. And we don’t have to update each theme individually for the new android version.

1 Like

I ran this past our Theme support team and they said it was valid feedback. This however, does not appear to be something that can be implemented quickly so don’t get your hopes up but I will report it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi Ron, thats goods news. I also know that i need time to implemented, but maybe hopefully the changes will come with Android 11. :slight_smile: It need more and more time with each new Android to Update the Themes. If Android 11 has the same Color Strings in Apps like Android 10, will be good, so don’t must Update our Themes :wink:

Samsung theme team needs to work with Alex, he knows what’s he’s talking about :smile:

I would like to work with the Theme Tool team. The only question is, would Samsung like this too :smiley:
I think I could completely revolutionize it

@Ron Where can I apply for this?

1 Like

Beta testers usually have direct involvement with the developer teams. I will see if the Theme Editor Suite has any openings for beta testers.

One of the objectives of this forum is to get project managers directly involved. Since they can be notified by email and reply by email now.

I’ll see if there is any other way for you to be involved.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Hi Ron, that would be great if there is a way to involve me directly in the Tool Development.

I know where the current theme errors are in the editor and how to fix them quickly within few minutes if I were involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree with Alex…he is very talented developer.

1 Like

I have one more reason why to change it to my idea, so you need to upload only one Theme Package and not more for each android version a theme package

1 Like