Open The Samsung Notes API

Consider opening up the Samsung Notes API to developers.

Opening the API would allow developers to access their notes from wherever they please. The Samsung Notes app is best in class and provides enough flexibility where it could be used to draft publications for the web, acting as a sort of What You See Is What You Get editor.

Specifically, there is a concept known as a digital garden where people collect their thoughts, research notes, and other things online. A garden’s pages are updated frequently and could be viewed as perpetually unfinished. API access would allow a developer to write on their phone (which they very often have with them), sync with their application, and automatically publish online. Currently this can be done by syncing with Microsoft OneNote and using their API, but that abstracts Samsung Notes away and forces the use of two services where ideally only one would be needed. (EDIT: I really just assumed this, but it doesn’t look to be the case. OneNote doesn’t allow you to edit notes synced with Samsung Notes and I don’t even know if you’d be able to retrieve them with the OneNote API)

I think opening the API could benefit the community and only help to improve Samsung Notes.

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum.

I would recommend you also use the Samsung Members App for feedback
or
go to https://www.samsung.com and depending on your location
either → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community
or
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and under support is a link to the community

Ron
Samsung Developer Community