Quite the most annoying software I have ever encountered

All I want to do…is make a very basic face for my Gear 3 Frontier.
I’ve muddled through most of it…but why the Hell can’t the software inform the user on how to remedy the issue when one appears, rather than merely pointing the issues out?

Having solved the majority of ‘what I was doing wrong’, I’ll be buggered if I can figure out why all of the hands insist on sweeping round at the same inclination as each other.

Anyone??

Also! Having managed to save, certify…yada, yada. without doing a damn thing to the project, it now tells me that the OPR is too high.

can’t the software inform the user on how to remedy the issue when one appears, rather than merely pointing the issues out?

It is not AI engineering software if is a simple designer tool. Don’t hesitate to ask questions here you will get a lot of help.

Having solved the majority of ‘what I was doing wrong’, I’ll be buggered if I can figure out why all of the hands insist on sweeping round at the same inclination as each other.

Watch Hands are 360 x 360 images that pivot from the middle that is where you are running into trouble

Also! Having managed to save, certify…yada, yada. without doing a damn thing to the project, it now tells me that the OPR is too high.

Open the AoD work window (icon on upper right corner for night and day] you can tell when the AOD is the work window because it has the OPR on the bottom.

Simple way… Select all and lower the opacity of everything until it is below 12

Proper Way, do an analysis in the preview window and see what is glaringly wrong and adjust the opacity of that to a lower amount. or hide certain items in the AOD watch face.

Hope this helps, if not let us know and will will help more.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your response old sport!
Admittedly, it was my first venture with the software and do admit to missing a few points, becoming frustrated and thereafter venting my spleen!

Thanks for the remedial information.

One thing! The issue with the hands was down to my failure to allocate each hand to its purpose! Only noticed that this morning!

Feel free to delete the post should you wish!!

Cheers

Alan

Yes that is a common gotcha. They did fix it in WFS for the Wear OS Watch Faces.

I’ll leave your post it may help others.

Ron