Samsung s10+ Crashes on Play store

Posted the crash report on StackOverflow.

java.lang.RuntimeException:
  at android.app.ActivityThread.handleSleeping (ActivityThread.java:5002)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2600 (ActivityThread.java:267)
  at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:2079)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:107)
  at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:237)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:7762)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
  at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (RuntimeInit.java:493)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:1047)

And also there is one thread which was started on Mar 2019,

are you guys going to fix this or not?

https://developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=SDK&messageId=365613&listLines=40&startId=zzzzz~&searchType=ALL&searchText=hand

Thanks for contributing to Samsung Developer Forum. This forum is not monitored by the Development team to avoid any dispute over originality of ideas and I do not have any direct link for reporting issues for Android apps. You can open a tech support request but I’m not sure how helpful they can be either since it isn’t a Samsung API error.

I don’t do mobile development but I do recognize this is a frequent subject. If you submit a support request ask that I be cc’d and I’ll add my two bits on the importance of this issue.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Restarting the problem app should be the first troubleshooting step that you want to do. This is usually effective in fixing minor app bugs. Here’s how it’s done:

1. On your screen, tap the Recent Apps soft key (the one with three vertical lines on the left of the Home button).
  2. Once the Recent Apps screen is shown, swipe left or right to look for the Google Play Store app. It should be here if you managed to run it previously. Then, swipe up on the app to close it. This should force close it. If it’s not there, simply tap the Close All app to also restart all apps.

Another way to force close an app is this:

1. Open Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the More settings icon (three-dot icon, upper right).
  4. Tap Show system apps.
  5. Find and tap the Google Play Store app.
  6. Tap Force Stop.

Play Store keeps crashing Fix #2: Soft reset your device
If nothing happens after force closing the problem app and Play Store keeps crashing still, your next move would be to soft reset your device. This will clear the system and refresh it.
To force restart your device:

1. Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons for approximately 12 seconds or until the device power cycles. Note: Allow several seconds for the Maintenance Boot Mode screen to appear.
  2. From the Maintenance Boot Mode screen, select Normal Boot. Note: Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the lower left button (below the volume buttons) to select. Allow up to 90 seconds for the reset to complete.
  3. If Maintenance Boot Mode screen won’t show, then your device does not have it. Simply wait for the device to power down completely.

Samsung s10+ Crashes on Play store

I also faced the issue on samsumg s10+. Clear cache of Google Play Store app. Sometimes, an outdated app cache can cause minor bugs. To see if the problem is due to bad app cache, try to clear Google Play Store app cache with these steps: Open Settings app.
Sometimes, outdated app cache can cause minor bugs. To see if the problem is due to bad app cache, try to clear Google Play Store app cache with these steps:

1. Open Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the More settings icon (three-dot icon, upper right).
  4. Tap Show system apps.
  5. Find and tap the Google Play Store app.
  6. Tap Storage.
  7. Tap Clear cache button.

Thanks.
Aws Training in Chennai