Samsungs switch to Tizen

I bought the Galaxy Watch 46mm several years ago becuase I wanted the ability to run a few apps and to make my own watch face. I started from scratch with GWS (it was GWD back then) and made my first face OK. I’ve used that face ever since (actually I recreated and tweaked it a bit with the Facer app and use that face), but I do understand about the underlying Tizen software etc.

Based on what what I’ve read here’s what I think is going to happen:

1. Samsung will release a new line of smart watches that run Wear OS.
  2. Development of updates for existing Tizen based software (like GWS) will be frozen, but the software as is will be kept active for 3 years or so.
  3. Someone may develop an app like GWS that works with Wear OS. Or if not, the Facer software can be used instead. Developers of current Samsung watch faces will have to re-do their designs using either the WearOS app or the Facer app if they want to make their faces available for the new watches.

I have no knowledge of creating apps for Tizen based devices, so I have no comment on that. My guess is the app situation will mirror that of the watch faces, but I don’t know what software people use to develop apps for either Tizen or WearOS devices.