SDB Command Failure

whenever I try to send the watch face to my watch it sends 65% then i get a SDB command Warning with a long list of stuff (whether im trying to send through my phone or through wifi). how can i fix this?

I’ve been seeing a lot of these lately. While wearable Author Certificates do not expire at this time, Distributor certificates can. see this page for how to extend or replace your current Developer Certificate.

Hope this helps,
Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I actually figured out how to fix it, took me a while tho, I had to delete both my certificates since renewing them didnt work, after I did that I was getting a tpk error, so I had to change the view to the always on display and it worked then. It was a weird fix but now it works!

I moved this to the Galaxy Watch - Tizen Studio forum

You should not change the Author certificate if you wish to load an app to the store. You have to use the same Author’s certificate if you need to update or modify the app in the store. It doesn’t matter if you are just a hobbyist. If you have something in the store try to restore the original Author Certificate

If you had both a Tizen Distributor and Samsung Distributor certificate that will also cause you to get an expired distributor certificate. You should not have more than one type of Distributor Certificate even if Tizen Studio Certificate manager allows it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I just started getting the same long error msg as the original poster (above) on April 16, 2021.

I’ve done all the steps of going into the Project tab in the GWD software and updating/extending the certificates for both Author & Distributor. I didn’t create new certificates. I didn’t delete my formerly working certificates. After going through the 2-3 step process I got the ack from Samsung that those certifs were extended. Then I hit Done. When I look at the certificate files on my PC, the time has been updated from what it had been - so something is being written to the certificate file from the GWD software.

My watch & (Win 10) PC are also in sync time-wise.

I tried running a Build again after running the Certif extensions - both before logging out of GWD, then after re-booting GWD. Neither worked. I’m still getting a long (but slightly less long) set of error messages that prevent the build’s install to my watch.

I’ve never experienced this before. And, I’d like to fix it ASAP.

Is there bad code in the GWD program that causes this? I don’t see a workable solution above.

Nothing is broke. It would help if you could show the error message. There were recent updates to Galaxy Watch that would require new Distributor Certificates and accepting the RSA Encryption key again.

Most likely you did not accept the RSA Encryption key if you are getting an error on certificates but was able to start a sideload.
Other reasons are you don’t have debugging turned on, don’t have developer options turned on.

If you did accept the RSA encryption key and it just stops then there are issues with your design, AOD has to high OPR, Fonts are not compatible, uses too much memory.

Ron

I did accept the encryption key, etc. I suspect it’s one of the issues in your last paragraph …

If you can take a screen shot of the error message that it shows.

If it starts to install and fails partway then it is a font’s or some sort of Memory issue.

If it fails and shows an certificate expired error… then it is the RSA Encryption key was not accepted and timed out. You will need to reboot your watch (hold down power button until it says rebooting) and accept it again. Software updates to the computer using a different computer or watch update can force you to accept the RSA again.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,

I can’t get the error msg to replicate again. Figures… But it looked like what’s in the grey box at the top of this thread.

I do have another question re: using the GWD software that I’ve tried to sort out & can’t. Whole different issue - it’s more of an interface usage thing.

I’ve got so many design element layers (lower left of the UI) - especially due to adding multi-layered complications like the digital Battery usage, etc. - that I cannot figure out a way to scroll all the way to the bottom of that layer stack.

Even if I shove the left-hand design window (vs. the right-hand preview window) up as far as it goes (even after shrinking the design) I don’t see a scroll bar to let me easily scroll up & down the full range of the layers stack. If I try to use the up/down arrows below the layers stack that just changes layer elements’ positioning. Which I don’t want to do. I’m sure I must be missing something… Sometimes just clicking on the design window doesn’t work due to adjacent elements & I don’t want to keep moving things around.

I tried to create a Group. But the s/w didn’t like that and seemed to convert even non-image elements in a complication to images when I CTRL - z’d to try to make modifs to indiv layers in the “group”.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

scroll bar
There is a little gray scroll bar you can drag up and down. My mouse has a scroll wheel that does it just by being on the layer windows.

Ron

1 Like

Yes you need to ungroup to make individual changes and the regroup. There are somethings you can’t do to grouped items like a single object.

Ron

1 Like

I don’t seem to find a draggable (is that a word) scroll bar - see snip. But the scroll wheel on the mouse is doing the maneuvering now that I’ve tried it (it’s not the smoothest, but it works!). Thx!

Hmm that is weird. It doesn’t show normally until you have more components that can be seen. It looks like your version doesn’t recognize that. However when I look at some of the screen shots in the tutorial they don’t show the scrollbar either…

At least you have something to work with now.

Ron

1 Like

Yeah. Quirky, eh?!

But getting the mouse scroll wheel tip I could finish my watch face design (“Amazing” 8 Ball look). And, I learned to add a tap button to reveal an “answer” (it’s not random - just the one I like!) from the main face appearance too…

Fotomaker_Active2-Amazing8BallFace_TimeView

Fotomaker_Active2-Amazing8BallFace_AnswerView

1 Like

The answer is 42 the mice got it wrong.

Make a ticker tape sting of answers and use a tag on a position to change the answer.

Ron

Hello, I am having same trouble as tyl1581466380 was having. I did not change GWD nor watch face data.
After I modified small change and tried to re-install to watch with same routine. Suddenly I encountered the SDB command failure. After I got this trouble and looked this issue and tried to renew the 2 certificates. I think I could renew distribute certificate, but author certificate (because time stamp is not updated) and keep having SDB error. I need a help.
Win10 Home 64bits GWD2.0.0 (not 2.0.1)

Hello everyone!

I also got this message. It helped that I did everything new again.

Richard

The certificate manager only shows me the Tizen certificate. How so…?

Thanks

Richard

This topic has morphed from Tizen studio to Galaxy Watch Studio. I’ll answer for GWS because that seems to be what you responded too.

If this is for personal use there is no harm in generating new Author’s Certificate. If this is an app uploaded to the store you cannot modify content with a different Author Certificate. They do not expire even if they have an expiration date.

For GWS or GWD if you get Certificate Timed out error it is because one of two things.
Your Watch had a system update and you need to generate a new Developer Certificate.
You failed to accept the RSA Encryption key in time and SDP timed out on the Developer Certificate. Most commonly it is the RSA Encryption key or you rejected it.

Hold down the Watch power button(s) until it says rebooting
Restart your computer as well.
Wait a full minute for all WiFi to be fully synced.
Make sure Developer Options is on and debugging is enabled
Launch GWS and enter your IP address if you don’t have it already
Observe your watch carefully, having it on a factory installed watch face helps
click on Run on Device select your watch and run
Watch your Watch and when it says RSA Encryption tap the check mark
It should run on watch.

If this doesn’t work please start a new topic in This forum for Tizen Studio or Galaxy watch Studio for Tizen if you are using GWS. There are other remedies but each tool is different.

Ron

Open Package Manager → Extensions enable the Samsung Extensions

If that isn’t it please create a new Topic with just your details this topic is very old and has several variations.

Thanks

Ron