Transfering files from Desktop to New Laptop

Hello all, I was wondering , which files do I need to copy from my Desktop computer to my new laptop? OR do I need to get new author and distribute certificates for the new comp? So everything looks and acts the same. Thanks in advance.

M.

You need to keep the Author Certificate if you have any content in the store. It is what identifies you to the store.
Developer Certificate is only for personal use and you may need to create one for the new computer so there isn’t much use keeping that.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

thanks Ron. I did have to create a new one, but it sure is hard connection to my watch now. It says NO compatable found. a lot, then it finally finds it. I also have a problem with my modem router. (NOT Samsung fault) as it keeps changing my watches IP’s., Yes I use 2 watches, one Galaxy Frontier 3 and a Glaxy Watch 42mm, . which is a Pain In…

M.

You can use your phone as the WiFi and avoid your modem issues but it does come with it’s own issues (like you are disconnected from the Internet)

The easiest solution is to use SDBoverBT for a connection. Your watch does not have to be the current watch paired to your phone. It will find any watch that is turned on. It also removes all the issues with IP addresses and any firewall issues.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like