Unable to register application package

I have tried multiple times to record two types of certificates, but it still shows that I am not qualified and do not understand.

Looking at other posts, it seems like I need to reapply for eligibility in August and submit my work to Samsung for review???

Who knows the situation? Thank you here ^-^

I do.
Author Certificate is used when you upload to the Seller Portal and tells Samsung who created the app.
Distributor Certificate allows you to push (sideload) your watch face to your specific watch.

The Galaxy Store for Tizen based Watch apps no longer accepts new content. Therefore they will no longer accept new designers. It would not matter if you were already a Watch Face Designer Partner you can’t upload any longer.

Samsung’s last Tizen based watches was over 2 years ago. Galaxy Watch 4 & 5 are Wear OS powered by Samsung based watches.

You should switch to Wear OS watch face designs using Watch Face Studio those are published on Google Play Store.

I’ll see if I can report to the Seller Store to remove the link from the notice.

Ron
Samsun Developer Relations

wow, I am glad to see your reply. Your answer has been very helpful to me. Can I understand that I need to delete GalaxyWatchStudio, start learning the operation of WatchFaceStudio, and upload watch works to the Google Play store for sale?
微信截图_20230406032403
微信截图_20230406032412

The works produced by WatchFaceStudio no longer require a Samsung brand certificate???

Also, my old watch should not be able to connect or accept information from the wear OS software. I need to check if there are any colors I like for the Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 :slight_smile:

Can I understand that I need to delete GalaxyWatchStudio, start learning the operation of WatchFaceStudio, and upload watch works to the Google Play store for sale?

If you want to sell them yes. While it is a bigger market Google doesn’t promote watch face designs like the Galaxy Store does. But watch face designs can be a money paying hobby.

The works produced by WatchFaceStudio no longer require a Samsung brand certificate???

Correct since they work on all newer Wear OS watches like Google Pixel Watch and others you sign them with a Keystore key Certificate (which is basically the same thing)

Also, my old watch should not be able to connect or accept information from the wear OS software. I need to check if there are any colors I like for the Galaxy Watch 4 and 5

Correct since it is a Tizen operating system it won’t work with Android App Bundle that Watch Face Studio generates.

Any other questions feel free to ask. The tutorial (the link for the certificate is in that) is not the best so feel free to ask questions here.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I have a notification from Samsung Seller Portal website earlier this year that Samsung App Store is no longer accepting new TizenOS watch faces submission. So, I can not submit new watch faces at Samsung Galaxy App Store. I can still update the old watch faces that are on sale at Samsung Galaxy App Store.

They suggested to submit new WearOS watch faces at Google Play Store.

Thank you very much for your answer. I have also learned about some related matters,^-^

1 Like