WFS Development Roadmap

Hi,

Is there a roadmap for WFS development that can be shared at all?

While the Watch Converter software and WFS itself seem to do a pretty good job, it’s concerning that some data-items supported by GWS (such as moved-distance, burned-calories and floors) are not supported on WearOS.

Many of my designs contain and even make of feature of these now non-supported data-items and would not be suitable to market on Playstore without major rework and loss of functionality.

So…if we knew if these features were coming and an approximate idea when, it would help everyone to plan how they approach Wear OS development, especially how to handle our extensive legacy design portfolios.

Best Rgds,

Rob

4 Likes

I assume the first few versions of WFS will be bug fix versions. I’ve never known Samsung to divulge feature roadmaps.

Keep in mind that “WearOS powered by Samsung” is to be used for other Android wearables and as such some features may not be available.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks Ron,

While a roadmap would be helpful, I understand that Samsung chooses not to publish this.

The burning issue for me is how we deal with porting of legacy portfolios to WFS when some features are currently not available (moved distance, calories, floor count).

Is there any information you can provide on whether any or all of these are in the pipeline?

Best Rgds,

Rob

Not in the near future for sure but I am collecting a list of requests and bug reports for the WFS Development Team.

Samsung Health is built into Galaxy Watches and therefore GWS engineers were able to access the API for it but this was never a public API.
Samsung Health is not part of Android/Wear OS.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like