I can not run A face on my watch Today

Actually for me the abd command also sometimes connect, sometimes gives me "failed to connect: error

I get that on WFS sometimes I just ignore it and a short time later it connects.

You also may want to revoke debugging authorizations that forces them to appear again. They could have been set to deny by mistake.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

before I always pressed the Cross on Revoke Authorisations . Are you saying I should tap on that is already Blue and revoke the authorisations .

No harm click on thatā€¦i do it many times

1 Like

When adb connect cmd line failsā€¦need to retype it doesnt wait for reconnection

Please if you find this in the forum, Control D or copy paste it in your notes. :grinning: I use ā€œ.\adbā€ instead of just adb. You will know what to use in the error and just follow what is suggested. This is the way to easily connect the GW6 even the updated GW5 and GW4 with 1.3.13. Thanks to @isaacok0919 and good luck to those who have 3 physical devices. :rofl:

"Hi, this is Isaac.

This method uses the adb command and requires some DOS knowledge.

The command to use is:

1.adb pair 192.168.1.xxx:xxxxx (The last 5 digits are the pairing port number.)

2.adb connect 192.168.1.xxx:xxxxx (The port number is 5 digits, and it is a wireless debugging number.)

To execute this command, you need a program called platform-tools distributed by Google.

You can search for it, download it in advance, and unzip it.

After that, run the above two commands in the command prompt.

If you pair first, it continues until you cancel the pairing, so you only need to use the port access command for the second WFS connection.
ā€‹

1. Activate developer mode on your watch.
  2. Enable adb debugging in watch developer mode.
  3. Activate wireless debugging in watch developer mode and connect to wifi. (You can see the ip and port number.)
  4. Press the + sign to register the device. (If you press it, the pairing number, IP, and 5 digits of the port number appear. Do not close the screen, but you must perform the pairing command on the computer while it is open.)

4-1. Right-click on the platform-tools folder that you downloaded and unzipped in advance and click Open in Terminal to open a command prompt.

1. Enter the pairing command adb pair 192.168.1.xxx:xxxxx (This port number is the port number indicated in pairing.) and then insert the 6 digit pairing number."
2 Likes

Pin that platform tool folder in the quick access and then Shift+ right click the folder to easily access the PowerShell just like the image below. Once paired to your PC, you will only enter the #2 command line and you will reconnect every time you restart/shutdown your PC. So if are a developer and is using GW5 Pro and below models for testing, do not update your watch otherwise you will end up following above instructions. :smile:

2 Likes

You may want to set your platform tools folder as a system enviroment varibles

Path=ā€œpath to folderā€

So next time from anywhere just type abd command prompt will load it.

2 Likes

Hey thanks everyone for your input . It encouraged me to get 1.5.7 . So using the Cheat Sheet that @skymax poste further up the post I now have Faultless connections . Thank you @skymax . Out of more than 16 syncs I got one Failed to Run . After a bit of practice the typing of the paring numbers is easy . Especial if you enlarge the font size on the watch . I find that The paring is only necessary for a session . Obviously a reboot of the Laptop requires a New Pairing .
I am not finding many issues with 1.5.7 and One UI5 . The difference in the Comps seem to sort themselves out Automatically .
I will say the HR sensor light gets stuck on .
Well just dont use the HR sensor on you faces . Simples .
I am sure it will get sorted .
Thanks again .

For others,
Wear OS 4 API 33 continually monitors the heart rate it isnā€™t stuck on.

Ron

1 Like

Even after the Display goes to Sleep ??

My green light isnā€™t on that much and it ends soon after the display ends. It looks like it is going by the Health Setting, unless activated by movement.

Iā€™ll make a watch that has a HR readout and see if that has any effect.

Ron

1 Like

Ron . Thanks for your input . If you can share your test with me or just give me a Clue i can make an Identical test . I belive at this stage that some of the issue is Facer . I have uninstalled it for the moment .
I managed to find that a Text Layer as a Tap Action can be used to provoke a Heart Rate Reading .

Sorry i deleted the msgā€¦as i tested it really triggered by movementā€¦with or without sos turn on

@r.liechty_SDR is correct

1 Like

Hey . I have not switched those things on . I doubt the are set to on after a factory reset . I am running aHR test at the moment . I seems like the HR LED stays on for about 40 seconds after the Display sleeps on my wrist . It goes out after about 3 second off the wrist . That is perfectly acceptable . Depending on how often you look at your watch . I do a lot when I am making a face .

Glad you found the solution to led problems

1 Like

I am running aHR test at the moment . I seems like the HR LED stays on for about 40 seconds after the Display sleeps on my wrist . It goes out after about 3 second off the wrist . That is perfectly acceptable .

I think that was about what I was seeing on my GW6.

I have not switched those things on . I doubt the are set to on after a factory reset .

Those do require you to manually give permissions. I have locations onā€¦ only when using the app.

Ron

1 Like

So now we know what is normal on the Samsung side . I will load up Facer again . Sorry to talk Facer Here but they are Industry Partners and we talk about you lot over there . I will not have time tonight to do a decent test . I will post some stuff tomorrow .