My live wallpaper crash on latest samsung devices with Android 10

Hi I’ve been getting alot of crash errors for my live wallpapers in Samsung a51 and Samsung Note20 Ultra with Android 10.

Here’s the error log:
Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.app.WallpaperManager.notifyPid(boolean, int, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference at android.service.wallpaper.WallpaperService$Engine.attach(WallpaperService.java:1326) at android.service.wallpaper.WallpaperService$IWallpaperEngineWrapper.executeMessage(WallpaperService.java:1732) at com.android.internal.os.HandlerCaller$MyHandler.handleMessage(HandlerCaller.java:44) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:237) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8154) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:496) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1100)

Has Samsung made any change to live wallpaper engine in latest Android 10 recently? It worked on Android 9 with the same device, Samsung a51 to be specific.

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum. However, this is not the correct forum for end product bug reports, questions or concerns. I am going to move this to the Themes folder and maybe one of the Themes designers will have a solution. Did you see if there was an update for your live Wallpaper?

I would recommend you post using the Samsung Members App. Log in atSamsung support select Contact US and then select community. This may vary depending on your location.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Update? I’m the developer of the live wallpaper. Is https://www.samsung.com/my/support/ the right place to ask tech question for developer?

No that is for product support. I would guess you aren’t a Theme Designer Partner and doing this as an Android wallpaper designer. You can open a support request from Samsung Developer Program but I think you would need Android Developer support.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

yup that’s right, i’m designing for Android wallpaper, not a theme designer partner at the moment. Since all of the errors are caused by Samsung devices, my first thought was to post in samsung developer forum to see if there’s any interesting finding. I could try to send request to https://developer.samsung.com/support. Thanks Ron