Neo G8 local dimming bug?!

It seems theres a bug with the local dimming setting on the OSD of the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8.
Settings available are “Off”, “Auto”, “Low” and “High”. It states the following in the description:
“If you select Auto, Local Dimming will be automatically turned on or off based on whether the content is HDR.”
To my experience so far it does indeed NOT turn off local dimming when there is no HDR content available. For example. When i use SDR (HDR off-setting in Win 11) I did expect the local dimming to be off when set to auto. But I am yet to see it turning off when set to auto. It basically acts like it is set to “Full”.
This seems to be a not intended behaviour considering its description.

It would be very neat to behave it like its intended in the description and only use local dimming with hdr content.

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum. However, this is not the correct forum for end product bug reports, questions or concerns. This forum is for 3rd party developer issues. If I am misunderstanding your message please clarify it.

Otherwise, I would recommend you use the Samsung Members App for feedback
or
go to https://www.samsung.com and depending on your location
either → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community
or
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and under support is a link to the community

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community

Hey Ron,
Thanks for reaching out. I did ask myself if this is the right place. It just seems so hard to find the right place where actually someone with the right knowledge and position listens to the big report (if it actually is one and for some reason not just working as intended).
Chat support or email to Samsung didn’t rly give a satisfying response. I did make a post now though in the community forum of the members app. Maybe that helps.
Am I just not finding it or is it that hard to find a the tech support at Samsung. There must be some contact for bug reports and firmware development, right?

Best regards,

Alex

Actually the best place to report these things is through your service provider for mobile. They usually do a lot better at customer service and they can report a bug directly to the Samsung engineering team.

Tizen based Smart TVs use Tizen OS and that is sort of open source 3rd party developers Tizen.org and there is a chance someone might respond on that but in my experience they don’t respond.

Unfortunately Samsung’s developers do not follow this board to prevent any potential dispute or misunderstanding as to the similarity between Unsolicited Submissions and our internally and independently developed products, technology and services.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community

Thanks for the good advice and taking the time. Will try the mobile support then.

Have a great week.

Best regards,
Alex