The Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key

Hello,

I changed my computer and I installed WFS. Unfortunately, I forgot to get my old files this is why I create a new distribution key. When I want to update my watch face on Play Store I got the below message. Is there an I can do?

“The Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Make sure your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your App Bundle is expected to be signed with the certificate with the following fingerprint:”

In order to install your watch face on your watch, you need a distributor certificate. In order to get a distributor certificate you need an Author’s certificate. the Author certificates tell Samsung who you are, Distributor certificate tells the device that you are an developer and allows the installation.

You should always back up your Author Certificate and save the password somewhere, thay cannot be recreated or the password reset :frowning:

You can always create a new certificate and load to the store, but you won’t be able to update content where you don’t have the certificate.

Hope this helps to explain it.

Hello, Thank you so much for your explanation and interest. :pray: I think I will not able to update my old watch faces.

1 Like

Redacted is explaining the Galaxy Store Author / Distributor certificate policies.

If you had the original Author Certificate the Distributor Certificate doesn’t matter… but that is for Galaxy Store

for Play Store you create a Keystore file that does what the Author Certificate does to identify you and you need the same KeyStore for the files you uploaded. That is what is missing on Play Store check your system for a keystore.jks file that is what you need to use.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,

I have a .jks file but I can’t update my old watch faces on Play Store with this. I can upload a new project. I have a backup for Galaxy Watch Studio but I forgot to get a backup for WFS when changing the notebook. I just wanted to ask whether there is another way for resolving this problem. Thank you so much for your interest.

Sincerely.
Cem Erman

Hi Cem,

One other user also reported this problem and he said he had to create a new app with a different appID. I’ll see if I can find the thread

Ron

HI Cem,

X9 had to get a new .jks file and he reported that Google Console was helping him update the watch face.

check with him and see if he had success.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thank you so much for your interest. :pray: I will try it.

Hi Ron,
My problem is the below. I think I have to find my old key file.

The Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Make sure your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your App Bundle is expected to be signed with the certificate with the following fingerprint:
SHA1: AC:8H:43:6f:7A:64:DG:67:S3:A4:5C:2O:D2:Z4:32:23:89:SE:3V:RT
. The certificate used to sign the App Bundle you have installed has the following fingerprint:
SHA1: CA:4R:67:6C:4G:53:FG:87:E6:F3:7C:2D:D2:4Z:23:45:67:F4:5G:TR

Google can help you change the upload key, but the problem is that their instruction on how to change the upload key is for Android Studio. Play Console support can’t help with WFS as it is a '3rd party" program. I ended up recreating the same watch face with a new key and use a slightly different watch face name and stopped selling the one that I was trying to fix.

1 Like

As far as I understand there is no I can do. I shouldn’t have lost my key file. Thank you so much for your support.