Where can I find App ID?

When customizing an open app in an action, I need to insert an App ID.
Then where can I get the App ID?

You can get app ID by browse play store via browser. For example, Samsung Calculator app has app ID com.samsung.android.wear.calculator
When the watch doesn’t installed that app, it will automatically open play store on watch.

1 Like

Please explain it in more detail.

1 Like

Will the same common Samsung apps (like calculator, timer…etc) in Wear OS have different ID?

Looks to me that Samsung apps now have a different app ID. I like to add ‘shortcuts’ to apps on the watch face, but none of the Tizen app ID work on the GW4 and the apps aren’t on the Play Store (Stopwatch, Weather and SHealth (for GW4), for example)

Is there a way of finding the app ID on the watch itself, or Wearable app?

Try running simple adb commands

adb connect 192.168.xxx.xxx:5555 (your watch IP address & enable debugging)
adb shell
pm list packages

You will get an output list like this
package:com.android.cts.priv.ctsshim
package:com.google.android.ext.services
package:com.android.providers.telephony

7 Likes

Thank you - just what I needed!

I don’t understand this.
It is said to be a command that has been entered in the Command window but cannot be executed.
Is there a separate program to install before that?

Hi. You need to have adb installed (Android SDK platform tools). Just search google for detailed guide + how to use adb

Oh, really thanks~~!!

Launch google assistant

com.google.android.apps.googleassistant

Launch Youtube Music

com.google.android.apps.youtube.music

Hi all,
I can’t find the app id of the Google Home app, wear os preview.
I have listed the packages with adb but I can’t figure out which one it is by the names.
Can someone please help?

Ok, I found it:
com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app

1 Like

I have tried the steps above and got ‘com.spotify.music’.
this doesn’t seem to work. Did I do it wrong? I wish to open Spotify by clicking on my button.

Maybe you can get some help from the Spotify for Developers web site.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi i need make button to run native health spo2 measurement but foun only health://steps and try to write spo2 this way but nothing works :thinking: any help please

I don’t think that is available it is not a health services Data Type, you need to open it using a complication.
You can develop this in Android Studio using the raw data and develop your own algorithm

It is available to Privileged Health Partners and there is a code lab example for that.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Yes, I saw this manual. But I only need to perform a shortcut on click to the original measurement

Hi @Mario1981 , for now the only way is to use a shortcut complication. Or the image complication to spo2

That’s exactly what I mean. I want to create an image on click custom app id but I don’t know what to enter, I can’t find it anywhere