After this update, Themes App vanishes from Home and Apps screens

My Galaxy S21 had an update this week and almost all of the themes in my wish list disappeared! And the artist/developers I follow…all their themes disappeared! I change my themes alot and am very disappointed! What happened!!!

2 Likes

Having the same issue

1 Like

I get to my themes from the… I’m not even sure what it is called. When you long press on your home screen and they all get small so you can edit home/app screens (add/delete, etc). At the bottom of my screen I get buttons for wallpaper/themes/widgets/home screen settings. So, I’ve never even added the app.

1 Like

Unfortunately the dev team forcibly removed the Themes Store App from the home screen (and from the list of apps) of all users that had it visible, by using an “update”. This was a deliberate act to diminish the access to Themes Store in favor of the Galaxy Store.
Now you have to dig in to find it. Go to Settings > Themes > Tap on the gear icon > and activate "Add Galaxy Themes to Homee and Apps Screens.
Other way is to long press the screen in an empty spot and wait to see a menu at the bottom which include an option “Themes” that allows you to access the store.

#galaxy-themes

1 Like

Actually it is the other way around. Putting Themes in as a system setting was done first and an update a few years ago removed it from the apps tray entirely.
To restore visibility the Galaxy Store added a seamless link to the Theme Store and in and update the Theme Store was put back into the Apps Tray… but the end user has to add it back to a home page manually.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Maybe if they had focused more on keeping up with their real competitor’s app: Android Play Store… instead of hiding ours?