Bluetooth connection in Android 13 fail

Hello,
I try to build a bluetooth connection by android studio. The mac of HC05 (bluetooth PCB) was paired with my samsung android system. When I run the code as below, it works for Android 11 (API 31), and Android 12. But when I used Android 13 (API 33) to run the code below, the socket.connect() always runs fail and throws

java.io.IOException: read failed, socket might closed or timeout, read ret: -1

My targetSdk setting in build.gradle is equal to 33. And I have used the permission of “android.permission.BLUETOOTH_CONNECT” and “android.permission.BLUETOOTH”, etc. in AndroidManifest.xml. My connection type is RFCOMM for bluetooth. How can I do a bluetooth connection in Android 13? Thank you.

public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity {
      public BluetoothAdapter mBluetoothAdapter;
      public BluetoothManager bluetoothManager;
      public BluetoothSocket socket;

bluetoothManager = (BluetoothManager) getSystemService(Context.BLUETOOTH_SERVICE);
      mBluetoothAdapter = bluetoothManager.getAdapter();

BluetoothDevice dev = mBluetoothAdapter.getRemoteDevice(MAC);
      UUID uuid = UUID.fromString("00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb");

if (ActivityCompat.checkSelfPermission(this, Manifest.permission.BLUETOOTH_CONNECT) != PackageManager.PERMISSION_GRANTED) {
              socket = dev.createInsecureRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(uuid);
              socket.connect();
      }
}

Hello rrnine84,

Welcome to the Samsung Developers Forum.

Please create a ticket in the Developer Support Portal with more details about the issue and dumpstate logs and hopefully, we will be able to help you to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,
Mobassir Ahsan
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like