Can I use Google Play Billing instead of Samsung IAP in Galaxy Store?

Can I keep my app on Galaxy Store, but use Google Play Billing libraries instead of Samsung IAP?

I was told you can but the Samsung IAP is preferred.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I’m interested in why then documentation states “must use Samsung IAP”?

1 Like

Samsung in-app payment (IAP) is recommended to sell in-app products (such as items and subscriptions) for your safety and convenience.

To be a featured game in the US Galaxy Store you must use Samsung IAP but you can use other billing methods and be published in the Galaxy Store.

Ron

1 Like

Is the use of Samsung IAP as a billing solution mandatory or just recommanded ? The previous answer indicates that developers must use Samsung IAP as their billing solution, while your answer indicates that it’s recommended.

Could you please clarify which information is accurate and provide any additional context ?

@imran was quoting from a marketing documentation on making money on your app, (Monetizing) In order to be featured in the Galaxy Store you need to have an image a certain size other things… and if you use IAP it must be Samsung IAP to be promoted in the Store.

The seller portal guides do not require Samsung IAP for you to be published in Galaxy Store.

Using Samsung IAP does not mean you will be promoted it just means without it you won’t be promoted.

Ron