Connecting to Family Hub Fridge

Just purchased a Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and was wondering how to develop apps for it. I have downloaded Tizen Studio on my Mac, but need some help to connect it to my fridge. When I scan for devices, it doesn’t find it. If I manually enter the IP, it also can’t find it. Any ideas on how to connect to the fridge?

Thanks!

Pete

1 Like

You can find out information on Family Hub development and becoming a partner on this page.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Ron…

Thanks for the link. I started filling it out, but it requires a business design and Partner websites that I don’t have. I just want to play around with the API’s and do not plan to build apps for external use. Is there a way to still get access?

Thanks!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Try this link. https://github.com/Klathmon/python-family-hub-local it is a python script to bypass the cloud.

Ron

Hi! I have the same question as Pete. How can I load in my apps (without being a certified partner) as this is just for exploratory research purposes

Thanks all!

Matt G

I think you can use Rasberry Pi for a development device. I don’t know much about it but I see some stuff using it on a google search.

Ron

Hello, the info link posted relating to the Family Hub development and partnership has references only to the Galaxy Watch and TV.

Which class does the FH belong to? Assuming that the certificate that we need to create is a Tizen one just for the purpose of loading it onto the device, the next question it appears from the screenshots only cater to the two device types above…

Thanks in advance!

At the very top is GET ACCESS which opens the application form

Ron

Hello, I too am interested in playing around with the possibilities of tizen studio, but I still have no clue of how to get a sdb connection established with my Smart Fridge/Smart Hub to test some things out. I am no company nor I want to make public applications - is there a way to run apps from tizen studio directly on my refrigerator?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi! I have the same question as Pete. How can I load in my apps (without being a certified partner) as this is just for exploratory research purposes.

2 Likes

Hi again (r.liechty_SDP, I try to answer your e-mail post but address is blocked) so,

Look, I’ll try to use a Samsung refrigerator computer to control my house with my own
javascript application. I have own small server (on Raspberry Pi :-)) with Rasbian (means
Debian), Apache2 as a web server, database MariaDB (MySQL) and KNX connector to
my home control system This is skeleton and I create application to link all my controls
in one point - Samsung refrigerator computer (here you can see examples: the tab that
controls the husqvarna mower and tab with my small book library):

Nothing else, I don’t need any interferences with the system Tizen. I would just like to know
such trivial things as, for example:

• enabling fullscreen mode from within javascript in your browser (easy to do this in Chrome
    or FF but these HTTP functions do not work in your browser);

document.documentElement.webkitRequestFullscreen
int_1
int_2

funny but as you can see on the second screen shot above it shows browser screen without
address and footer lines, just full screen I need, but this is own browser action not mine
and I don’t know why - that’s the point;

• to launch my application I have to start Samsung browser, reach to my local directory on
    my Apache2 server and start it like this:

http://192.168.999.999/tst4

!(cid:11A58
int_3
B0A.01D88A99.55923711.58D05B59_csseditor)

I can run this application by your standard home screen icon, but it would be best to be
able to create own widget or my own large icon with my own graphics. The best solution
however in this case is to have one screen with this application open all the time.

Would you be so kind as to help me to find such a info? Maybewhere I can find technical manual
of Tizen ot Tizen Browesr or other place with such a knowledge?

The only way I know is to be a partner. There is a ** Redit** thread that I ran across and it has a lot of links to various information. Maybe you can find something there. One link was for XDA and might have something as well.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relation

OK, thank you, could you show me Samsung partners in Poland?

HI,

You need to go to the Family Hub Portal and request partnership.

Sorry I didn’t post that link earlier.

Ron

No problem, thanks for additional info.