Connecting to Family Hub Fridge

Just purchased a Samsung Family Hub refrigerator and was wondering how to develop apps for it. I have downloaded Tizen Studio on my Mac, but need some help to connect it to my fridge. When I scan for devices, it doesn’t find it. If I manually enter the IP, it also can’t find it. Any ideas on how to connect to the fridge?

Thanks!

Pete

You can find out information on Family Hub development and becoming a partner on this page.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Ron…

Thanks for the link. I started filling it out, but it requires a business design and Partner websites that I don’t have. I just want to play around with the API’s and do not plan to build apps for external use. Is there a way to still get access?

Thanks!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Try this link. https://github.com/Klathmon/python-family-hub-local it is a python script to bypass the cloud.

Ron

Hi! I have the same question as Pete. How can I load in my apps (without being a certified partner) as this is just for exploratory research purposes

Thanks all!

Matt G

I think you can use Rasberry Pi for a development device. I don’t know much about it but I see some stuff using it on a google search.

Ron