Error: invalid manifest package override

Hi All,

I am trying to build a watch face, but when I press build I get a Warning:

error: invalid manifest package override ‘com.watchfacestudio.my.watch.face.title’
And my watch face is not built.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thx in advance
Adam

I do because I got it myself. !! It was reported in another thread.

The Application ID must have at least two segments (one or more dots).
Each segment must start with a letter.
All characters must be alphanumeric or an underscore [a-zA-Z0-9_].

I bet your “title” like mine had a number
See this thread

2 Likes

Yes, exactly :grin:
I just managed to fix it, by changing one of the chunks of my app name from:
‘com.watchface.name.1234’
to
‘com.watchface.name1234’.
So, if any “lost soul” find this topic, you can override the system like this :grin:

1 Like

OH MY GOSH, I had the same problem! Are you kidding me, lol, naming it 360rotate broke it, but rotate360 is okay? lol.

thank you for the fix!!!

Can Someone help me a bit more in depth . I have completely lost my Manifest Package Override . I am getting no where with the advice above . Can someone please tell me what to type here . Thanks in anticipation .

package

was you able to resolve your issue?

1 Like

Many watch face apps use
com.watchface.watch_face_name

by default Watch face studio uses
com.watchfacestudio.project_name

Replace the text in italics with whatever you want to use.
But it can be an ID as long as it follows these rules

The Application ID must have at least two segments (one or more dots).
Each segment must start with a letter.
All characters must be alphanumeric or an underscore [a-zA-Z0-9_].

Ron

1 Like

Hey . Thanks so much for your Response . I now feel I am among Friends . I reloaded the IDE a few time to realise That I do not need to BUILD my Faces Yet . So Yes thanks I am now syncing my work to my watch over WiFi . I look forward to contributing here a little when I have something to Offer .

1 Like

Thanks so much Ron @r.liechty_SDR . It is starting to become clear I was so nearly there I will give it another go . So the Package name can be changed for each project I wish to build . I was getting so many messages about wrong passwords . Got your instructions in my bits Box . Respect , you seem to be the one that responds a lot . Tanks again .

I think I am going to have to Give this Up as a Bad Job . i have tried to follow Instructions to the Letter .

And got this .

It seems back when i first tried i had a similar experience. try starting a new workspace and generate a new key. I use same password in both places and always use same key alias in all apps (it should have been assigned when key was created) If you have not set up a play store developer account i dont think you can upload anyway. I have one if you are interested in being an internal tester on mine.

1 Like

You certainly are and you will be a valuable resource and very glad you are here. Ron is certainly the man in this world, he rushes in to save the day a lot! Thanks Ron @r.liechty_SDR

1 Like

Yeah I think the issue might be I think I used my Tizen Keystor Key because I was looking at converting my Tizen Stuf. As you can imagine I got in a right Picle ther. The learning curve is better starting afresh. I was Realy glad to see that my folder with The Tests done so far survives a reinstall. So I will take your advice and pretend that I am a Beginner.
I appreciate your encouragement.
I posed a couple of Zip folders, with Faces in, on the GWD forum but as far as I know no one ever Synced them. Certainly got no feed back. If you want to share something for me to look at here I will be Happy to test it. You may have to offer instruction as what to do with it. BTW I am aware that we have a mutual Friend may be more.

1 Like

So are we saying I have to generate as new Key ever time I wan to change the Manifest .

You do not need to create a new keystore. Use the same one every time is just fine. If anything you have an invalid password and you may need to create a new one with a valid password but only once.

A valid password can contain 6 to 30 characters, begin with an alphabetic character, and use only alphanumeric characters and special characters like Underscore (_), Dollar ($), Pound (#). The password must contain at least one number

Remember the keystore path is the .jks file not the folder it is in.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Ok Thanks . I have a Password or I would not have got where I am right now . It seemed to me that I only had one build and it was being over ridden . Any way I will Cary on testing . I must say this is a Bit of an obstacle for a beginner . Thanks again .

@russellcresser

I think the image about apksigner is saying you have a bad or incorrect keystore or key password. for example if your keystore or key password was
*password3
or
3passwords

it can’t be used for encryption or Decryption

or the keystore.jks file was corrupted

Ron

1 Like

Thanks so much . What you are saying is a little beyond me . I think I have got a handle on it now . Bit like the old DOS 3 days . Any Problems Reload . Also thanks to @jlcash61 for the encouragement .

1 Like

There is caching so reloading may help. Besure to restart Windows don’t just turn it off and on as it doesn’t clear all caching (used to improve start up time). If you used DOS 3 you remember start up times. :slight_smile:

Did you use GW Basic too?

Ron

1 Like

Thank you for staying with this one / me . I know how busy you are on the rest of this community .
GW Basic was round about the time I started playing with the Parallel port . I enjoyed that . I never really wanted to stop using Basic . The logic of working to line numbers was perfect for my level of understanding .

1 Like