Get TV output from a local TV channel 998 showing Lobby camera of a condominium building and stream it to iOS SIP/VOIP application

I will own this Samsung TV: 75" 2020 Q60T 4K Smart QLED TV
I want to tune programatically to a local TV provider on channel 998 which shows my condo building front lobby camera and make that availabe to ios or andoid phones as an RTP or other kind of streaming feed so I can see it ouside my condo. E.x who is buzzing me on intercom. I will receive a phone call hear the visitor and press 9 to open the door. So I would like to see the video of the visitor.

I was looking at some Samung code:

This seems to be some TVtuner module manager (that can tune to a certain channel).
I was wondering if it can expose some sort of URL RTP streaming enpoint to connect clients to.

I posted this question with more details here:
(I was warn that TV output might be protected by HDCP encryption.)

Get TV output from a local TV channel 998 showing Lobby camera of a condominium building and stream it to iOS SIP/VOIP applicationGet TV output from a local TV channel 998 showing Lobby camera of a condominium building and stream it to iOS SIP/VOIP application

I think you have a great idea, unfortunately I don’t think this has anything to do with Samsung Smart TV app development so I don’t think this is the correct forum for your question.

I will let it stand for a while in case there are smart TV developers that may do similar security features but I will remove it shortly because it is off topic.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I want to programmatically turn on Tv and tune it to channel 998 and source: Local Tv provider. I want to do it with C# program on a desktop PC which can interact with some Samsung network TV library. So for me this is highly relevant.
I will hook the output of Local provider digital box to my PC video capture board and start steaming from there. I need to automate turning TV on, selecting source and changing channel

Thanks for the information. I certainly will let this stand.

Did you check GitHub for any example code?

Ron
Samsung Developer Programming.

Thanks. But I expected some pointers of how would this be possible via Samsung networking APIs. I believe if TV is off if it can be awakens with Wake On LAN and then using ws:// or other protocols to turn tv On and control tv source and Enter channel number that would be the beginning.

Where to ask this kind of question?
Where to find docs on remotely controlling TV

I wish I could help you better. I can help with Tizen Studio issues to some degree but for Smart TV support is for partners only and through the Smart TV site.

I’d start with searching the API reference to see what is available. https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/api-references.html

https://developer.tizen.org might have some documentation and there is a lot of SmartTV on GitHub Samsung Smart TV search

I hope this helps,

Ron
Samsung Developer Program