How to get ECG and calculate AFIB in my Tizen app

Hi,
As Galaxy watch 3 is supporting ECG and detecting AFIB in Samsung Health monitor app. same thing I want to implement in my Tizen app. How I can achieve it in my Tizen app ?.

Samsung Health has a proprietary algorithm for health reports and currently is not publicly available for individual developers. You need to be a partner to access S Health information and that partnership is currently not available.

With Tizen SDK you can use the sensor technology to detect many things but some things such as ECG and AFIB may require approval from every country where it is available.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Now ECG is available in US so Can I get the ECG report in my app in US?. if yes then please guide me further to get the ECG report or how can I calculate the ECG and AFIB in my app?.

You can’t get the report that is part of Samsung Health API and that is not public. You have to be a partner to get that information.
Currently you can not apply to be a partner See the note on the Health overview page.

I couldn’t find any code examples when I did a search.

Ron

Can I get ECG and AFIB data in my app if yes the please guide me further.

I do not know of a way to do this, I can not find any example code or the API for this so I expect the answer is no. You will need to be a Samsung Health partner to obtain the API and that isn’t open at this time.

Ron

Can I get Blood pressor(systolic, dystolic, pulse, ) in my app if yes the please guide me furter .

You can not do that at this time. Catch 22 this is only available to a Samsung Health partner, and you can’t apply to be one.
You can access the sensor data but will need to create your own algorithm to interpret that data.

Ron

I did not understand catch 22, could you describe about catch 22 in detail?.
how can I get data from BP sensor in my app. please guide.

Catch 22 is a book but it is used to mean something that is logical but can’t be done because of a conflicting logical reason.
An example would be if your mobile doesn’t always work. Support tells you to call them. If you call, then your phone is working, if your phone is not working, you can’t call.

For sensor API it all depends on if this is Web or Native but go to developer.tizen.org for information. You can get that and create your own BP information.

Samsung Health SDK is not public and you can’t get it unless you are a partner. Currently to become a partner you need to apply and that is not available… Catch 22. It used to be open under developer mode.

Ron

could you tell me from which sensor i can get BP information in my app?. I got below supported sensor list on watch 3.

ACCELERATION
GRAVITY
LINEAR_ACCELERATION
GYROSCOPE
LIGHT
PRESSURE
GYROSCOPE_UNCALIBRATED
GYROSCOPE_ROTATION_VECTOR
HRM_RAW

If you have any sample code or reference then please share.

HI Ron,

Great feedback. Quick question. I’m trying to develop my own Health App for the Galaxy Active 2 LTE watch and I want the data to be sent to my server, interpreted and then sent to monitoring centers via our cloud.
Does this mean:

1. We have to create from scratch our own code to share, raw, data from the LTE watches to our platform - through our App?
  2. Would we still have access to the various sensors in the watch? or only a limited number of ones?
    2.1) For example, can we access any of these sensors ourselves and obtain raw data:
    ACCELERATION
    GRAVITY
    LINEAR_ACCELERATION
    GYROSCOPE
    LIGHT
    PRESSURE
    GYROSCOPE_UNCALIBRATED
    GYROSCOPE_ROTATION_VECTOR
    HRM_RAW

Thanks for your help!!

1: right now you need to create your own code from scratch. They are actively working to open the Health SDK up to partner developers.

2: See this page on all the sensors for Tizen wearable devices especially the Heart Rate Monitor (HRM_RAW) that appears to have infrared and ultraviolet information.

Remember you will still need to be approved as a medical device in any and every country you are in if you plan on selling this product.

Ron