Limit of how many cond. lines we can have?

Hi, everybody

If anybody’s still reading this thread, a quick update.
I have followed through this image-based approach suggested by Ron and now the watch face is happily available on Google Play. In fact, two watch faces — English and Estonian versions.
Thanks everybody for your ideas and suggestions, you’ve helped very much.
Let’s see where this will go now. I don’t count on it becoming a hugely popular watch face, I’m just happy that I worked one of my ideas into a real world app. But of course, if anybody would install it and drop me a line with some kind of feedback, I’d appreciate it very much.
Thanks again and see you around.
Ott

2 Likes

Congratulations. I’m downloading it now.

Ron

2 Likes

Oh . Wow . I have forgotten how many conditionals you were going for . I did a Roman Numeral thing which I posted on the community I think . If you feel like sharing the work post a Zipped version of your .wfs File here .

Well just downloaded it . Ready for my History Lesson . Perhaps you can teach me how to Remember stuff.
Incredible .

2 Likes

Really glad for your kind words, Russell. And ofc thanks for downloading, and posting here! And review on Google Pay! Much appreciated. And looks nice on your wrist! :grinning::+1:
I think I’d rather keep the .wfs for the time being. It has taken too many hours now to create it.
It’s 1440 conditional lines now, 1 for every minute.
I’ve used the watch face for weeks now, and seems it’s working ok, no excessive battery drain or other problems.
Happy history lessons! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I can only say congratulations . I know how you did this . You kindly showed us before . I am also looking forward to the Future Predictions.

1 Like

@r.liechty_SDR
Ron . Pardon me Invoking your help . Is to possible to say if using the Time Line for what @OttS has achieved on his History Face is more or less memory consuming than a Conditional tag in the Opacity Field .
I think I know your answer will be " Do a test " .

Re: memory consumption. I do not know the answer to Russel’s question. But as you might remember, I complained initially that as I added more and more Conditional Lines, the WFS program slowed down more and more. It became so slow that inserting a ca 6KB image took around 10 seconds (from the moment when I hit "“Open” in the image selection dialogue, until the image line and name finally appeared in the left corner of the program’s main interface).
But! When I grouped the conditional lines (in my workflow — by years, i.e. 60 lines in a group), the slowing down was considerably less. And it became even lesser when I hid most of the other Conditional Lines (in my workflow — I hid all groups that I did not currently worked on, and only when all images / CS’ls were inserted, I unhid / showed all lines again).
Hope this helps somebody.

1 Like

Yes . Very Helpful . I did a short test between Time Line and good old fashioned Conditional Formula in the Opacity field . Interestingly the Memory load was exactly the same . I wonder how big your .wfs file is . I got up to 60 images and it was 2Mb. Images were 43k each so most of the load was the Images .

1 Like

My .wfs files are 19-20MB. And the combined size of images is around 11.5MB (1440 images, that is).

1 Like

So the Estonian Language is a Different Face or is that for the two together .

1440 minutes in 24 hours.
EST and ENG faces are different only in 2 aspects — (1) the name of the face in the upper segment, and (2) obviously the texts of the years/minutes. So the last difference means that there is one set of 1440 images in EST version, and a totally different set of 1440 images in ENG version.
WebP format allowed me to keep each image’s weight quite small while retaining quality, in average around 8-9KB I guess.

1 Like