Samsung Android 10 BLE Connectivity Regression

Can we please get an update in regards to this issue? It has been 10 months with no resolution and very few updates. As many other people have said this is make or break for a lot of applications due to the high number of customers that are using Samsung devices and running Android 10.

Hi! we are developers on Android and iOS apps. We also found this problem with some Samsung devices and the truth is that is a very limiting problem for Samsung users. We want to know how the issue is now, if you are still working on it or it has been closed. We show in a comment above a link to create a ticket, but we donā€™t see how to it. We noticed this days that in some devices (A40 with Android 10 for example) it is working right, but in other models the problem persists. What can we say to our users?

Thanks a lot.

Hi

All Samsung S10 were working GREAT before the March 2020 Update , from there all BLE transport layers were only able to transport 20 byte from and to the Phone .

The June update fixed the data direction from the BLE device to the Phone but thats only a 50% fix

the BLE transport layer between Phone and BLE device is still limited to 20 byte until today ā€¦

Greets Arno Schindler

Hello!
I have the same issue. Iā€™m connecting with ESP32 over BLE and after connect I send over 20byte and everything ok, but second sending message with length over 20 bytes kills connection.
Problem exists on: Note20PRO and Note10+. Problem not exists on Note9 and Note8.
Can SAMSUNG fix this issuse? How does such a large company have a problem with such a simple task? Does he just give a shit on us all?

1 Like

December 2020 and the issue still thereā€¦ anyone found a solution different to remove the mtu set removing?

The June update fixed the data direction from the BLE device to the Phone but thats only a 50% fix

the BLE transport layer between Phone and BLE device is still limited to 20 byte until today ā€¦

Does anybody outside Samsung Development have a Softwarepatch or other Fix for this issue ?

Greets Arno Schindler

exactly! November patch broke the data direction again.

indeed i wonderā€™ if this is ever getting fixed , itā€™s over a year old now i guess samsung doesnā€™t care

Very good.
Although I donā€™t speak English very well, Iā€™m really enjoying following this community. :grinning:

Any news regarding this issue?

I have got a new S10 and facing same connection issues as described above with Cypress PSoC4BLE peripheralā€¦ So I am wondering that the forum conversation has stopped meanwhile ā€¦ Have you found any solution/workarround?

Does anyone know if the problem of this thread is solved with android 11?

I am running android 11 on my S10 ā€¦ and have some trouble.
After reading the complete thread here, I did today some tests today on the GATTS_XCNHG_MTU_REQ procedure of my firmware (customer profile, PSoC4BLE device) and it looks, it runs (better) now. I need to do more debugging the next days ā€¦

Hello, any news regarding this issue? Was this fixed?

Hi!

Any updates on this issue?

Iā€™ve faced the same issue, when MTU > 23 (default value) then ofter Samsung devices donā€™t connect to Bluetooth device. This issue doesnā€™t reproduce in 100% cases, but itā€™s still very ofter one.
Besides, after checking our analytics, it look like on Android 12 it got worst.