SAP: interrupt/parallelization of sending of large data

I’m using SAP: Watch as consumer, Phone as provider.

Usually communication in between them is perfect, but I have a bottleneck now: If I send a large data from phone to watch (with SASocket.secureSend ), I can’t interrupt it.

Consider this:

I’m sending a big transaction from phone to watch, and in the middle, I want to send a message back to phone from the watch: this is working , so watch’s message reaches my phone during this other huge transaction. Ie.: SAP seems to handle duplex communication

Problem:

My phone can’t reply to this watch message, it needs to wait first until the huge transfer finishes. I tried using different channels (one channel for commands, one channel for big data), but still big data has to finish sending first before command sending can take place (doesn’t matter it goes on different channel).

Can I somehow interrupt big data sending/start a parallel sending of the command?

Sending currently spawns a thread as it was recommended:

new Thread(new Runnable() {
    public void run() {
        Log.d(LOG_TAG, "run: SEND START!");
        try {
            mSASocket.secureSend(getServiceChannelId(0), data.getBytes());
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        Log.d(LOG_TAG, "run: SEND END!");
    }
}).start();

I’ve tried interrupting this thread, but it didn’t stopped the huge transaction, so it didn’t help.

How can I either interrupt the huge transaction, or send another message parallel (with higher priority) to the watch?

Anyone? Noone experienced this issue? Noone has thought of this issue? Or noone cares at all? :slight_smile:

Yeah, we have to go with the changing times: “Samsung will use Google’s Wear OS for its upcoming Galaxy smartwatches instead of its own Tizen platform.”

Yes, but when will they release it? Will my current not-too-cheap watch got it too? If not: WTF? If yes: really I have to wait a year till this got fixed? :smiley: Haha! Samsung did it right again.

I don’t really get how can a company produce such beautiful physical things, if they s*ck on each other aspect like negotiation (consider the Blood pressure thing across the globe, Apple beat them like 1-2 years!), and software support for sure. All they need to have a strong management and then they can get back all the credits.

1 Like