Taskbar

It would be nice if the taskbar automatically hid at the homescreen, etc. Samsung internet. ef4c8868-fc28-4f20-894b-ef4d4501c448

Stay safe ! I love my phone. Note 10+.strong text

2 Likes

Hello,
This is developer forum. You should ask about this topic in Samsung Member community or Contact Us in Dex to get accurate and faster response.
Thank you.

Okay Jakia, i would like to have the same feature

you just send people to support, but you dont know that support sends us here…

so please work with your colleagues at Samsung to find a solution first and then please add it to this thread or sticky nodes.

WHERE CAN FEATURE REQUESTS FOR DEX BE POSTED?

You have to report these to the DEX Development team.

â–  How to report issues

1. On the Linux on DeX application, select the button with three vertical dots (︙More options) at the upper right side and select [Send error reports].
  2. e-mail composer will be open automatically (or choose e-mail application)
  3. Please provide us detailed information of the issue and send e-mail.

Kindly advise to use above “Send error report” as a channel to report bugs and suggestions.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi Ron

thanks for this try
it seems you misunderstood
I am using Samsung DeX on my Note 8 running Android and there is no dedicated DeX App and its not called Linux but Android…

so do you think I shall report Feature requests inside the Samsung Members App or is there a special place for DeX…

What is this developer forum if i am able to register here without being a developer?

and why do companies offer SEND ERROR REPORTS only which is not visible for consumers that this contains also FEATURE REQUESTS? it is a retarted UX imho

it seems you misunderstood
I am using Samsung DeX on my Note 8 running Android and there is no dedicated DeX App and its not called Linux but Android…

Yes there is a bit of confusion on my part. The Linux for DeX was the team doing Linux versus Windows development but they seem to have canceled that program last year. But I thought there were the same reporting procedures. I should have tried first.

so do you think I shall report Feature requests inside the Samsung Members App or is there a special place for DeX…

In the Dex app the menu option scroll down to the Contact US and use that maybe the same as the Members app or community but they have your system info at that point.

What is this developer forum if i am able to register here without being a developer?

This forum is for designers and developers making apps for a Samsung product. Not the people doing the hardware, software at Samsung or for people using the Samsung product. You might be a developer or a hobbyist designer etc.

and why do companies offer SEND ERROR REPORTS only which is not visible for consumers that this contains also FEATURE REQUESTS? it is a retarted UX imho

Because most companies are working on technologies at least 3 years in advance and in some cases up to 20 years in advance… i.e a feature request for a voice activated car is moot when the technology being developed is a driver-less car.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

It is recommended that you enter the following code to hide the taskbar through adb debugging and set it to hide the taskbar only when the app is displayed in full screen.

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=apps,-com.sec.android.app.desktoplauncher

Hi Everybody!

I am writing here because I am desperate in succeeding to find any attention from Samsung about a problem which destroys UX on Samsung DeX that firstly presented itself in Android Pie, extended to Android 10 and survived many patches including the recent ones.

I am on Samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab S4), but also the newer tabs are affected. So we are speaking of Samsung DeX for Tablets here. The current version is 3.7.02.1, but it manifested down to 2.5.x.x; it occurs too iften to ignore it and basically it ruins my User Expierence.

Over 2 years of using my device I created at least dozen cases in my regional Samsung Tech Support; submitted dozens of case reports in Samsung Members, many were very accurate and detailed, with logs attached. Also I submit every time it occurs with a short description and logs attached, and this makes hundreds of reports. Even while writing this text (up to this moment) it occurred twice!

I have no idea why these reports never reaches Samsung DeX developer teams, obviously something is broken with Samsung services or Samsung decided to ignore the problem. So I write here for a small chance that the actual guys working on Samsung DeX will notice this and fix it, or spread the word until it reach the proper guys. If you can do that, please help and spread this among your contacts. The support years are ending soon for my tablet and this critical bug still NOT solved, so there is a big chance to be left with a buggy d3vice on my hands after all the years and this s…cks.

{Bug description}

SystemUI process on Samsung DeX seems to stop receiving events, its buffers overwhelm ans it crashes with a message box “SystemUI process stopped responding, Wait, Close, Submit Error report”.

This may happen first time anywhere from dozen of minutes till days of using with typical values of an hour; more often it happens when entering text into boxes, unlocking device, and opening notifications and general interaction with items placed on TaskBar (even simply scrolling icons of open apps left and right).

Interaction first becomes laggy with microfreezes, and very soon they become noticeable and finally all becomes non responsive. Most often this limits to the elements on TaskBar and TaskBar itself, while the other apps currently open not affected (I can interact). But about 25% of cases it also spreads itself to every open app, so I cannot interact. Several times it required force rebooting to recover, twice or thrice it rebooted on itself without asking me.

After rebooting (the buffers are refreshed and empty) there seems no evidence of the bug! Until it first appears, and when it does, it repeats really often - often enough not to allow for any meaningful working!
This whole situation result in too often reboots and hence, inability to sustain a stable workspace with open docs, apps, etc. , rendering the whole idea of Samsung DeX useless.

Now I have to admit, I have many apps installed so since there are more elements added to the TaskBar and more notification events than a normal User might have, the buffers overwhelms too fast for this bug to manifest in reasonable time. Maybe Samsung tagged this bug as “not important” after not being able to reproduce it on minimal configuration (no apps installed) but this is natural as minimal configuration produces least number of events so there is nothing to overwhelm!

My device though, never runs in low memory conditions, it is 256Gb/6Gb model, so typically I have 1 - 1,5 gigs if free memory (2,2 just after reboot).

My Samsung account is qcplab@gmail.com - in case the proper guys are reading this, you may check the cases submitted and logs attached to this ID.

On your request I can do more logs.

Thank you everybody who read this and is able to help.

P.S.: what is NOT helpful, are the advices to “reboot your device, clear cache, reinstall apps causing trouble, not using buggy features, factory reset” and other of this sort.