Ticking sound?

I had this on my Tizen WF, is it anyhow possible on WearOS? It only played while WF was in active state.

Did you do this Watch Face with Tizen Studio? I don’t think you can add sounds with GWS and not with WFS. Although it is a common feature request I think there are IP reasons not to allow it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

On Tizen there was an option somewhere in watch’s settings to enable “Ticking sound”. I kindof liked it.

As I haven’t found this setting on WearOS watch, and I’m just in a middle of designing my own WF with WFS, hence my question if I can add ticking sound to my WF in WFS.

I forgot all about that it is in the Wear OS versions as well.

Settings > Sounds and Vibrations > System Sounds > Ticking
You’ll hear a ticking sound if your watch face supports it.

I couldn’t find any watch face that supported it, but there probably is a factory one that does.

Ron

“You’ll hear a ticking sound if your watch face supports it.” How could I enable this support for my own WF created in WFS? :slight_smile:

That “Sounds” like a good feature suggestion :slight_smile:

Ron

Can you make it, or I have to ask for it somewhere else? :slight_smile:

I will gather all the feature request and submit them to the this week. I will add this.

I am organizing the list now

Ron

Any update on this? I’m a teacher and about to run an extra curricula club designing watch faces. It’s a feature some of my prospective students have asked for.

This is a firmware option and not something supported by Watch Face Studio. Also I highly doubt that sounds of any sort will be available in Watch Face Studio.

You probably could do either of them using Android Studio for Wear OS and programming knowledge.

Ron

Tomcat watch face support ticking sound.

The factory created watch faces do not use WFS. It ticked every 3rd second for about 20 seconds then quit on me but it worked :slight_smile:

Ron