Timer and Heart Rate Monitor App IDs (and other default app)?

Hello,
I’ve just got my Watch 4 and I’m trying to create watchfaces but I have a hard time finding the App IDs for the default apps, in particularly the TIMER and the HEART RATE MONITOR.

I found this list, but it is missing a lot of apps:

com.samsung.android.shealthmonitor Health Monitor
com.samsung.android.watch.cameracontroller Camera Controller
com.samsung.android.watch.findmyphone Find My Phone
com.samsung.android.watch.flashlight Flashlight
com.samsung.android.watch.alarm Alarm
com.samsung.android.mediacontroller Media Controller
com.samsung.android.gallery.watch Gallery
com.samsung.android.dialer Dialer
com.android.vending Playstore Watch
com.google.android.apps.maps Maps

Also how to find the app IDs of apps you installed yourself, I read you can find it on the Play Store but I couldn’t find the information.

Also for the heart rate, I tried to select “Mesure Heartrate” in the action tab of WFS, but this doesn’t seem to do anything (and yes I’m wearing my watch while I’m testing).

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

Try running simple adb commands See THIS THREAD

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I found the Timer app ID thanks to you.
Now I just need to figure out what is app ID of the Heartrate monitor in that list.
Thanks again.

You can try
com.samsung.android.wear.shealth/com.samsung.android.wear.shealth.app.heartrate.view.HeartRateActivity

Edit: first one works

Thanks a lot, much appreciated :slight_smile:

I have a question. When you will add appid for Samsung Hear rate Monitor in watchface.

Wont it be rejected since playstore asks watchfaces to be compatible with other wear os watches as well.

I had a watchface rejected due to Samsung health shorcut via app id was added . I had to remove it.

Secondly is there a way to let hear rate complication added on choice by user like a customizable complication. If its still not available. I would request this to be looked into next wfs updates.

I have a question. When you will add appid for Samsung Hear rate Monitor in watchface.

Probably never, you are supposed to use the new Android Health Services SDK now. Documentation for this is on the Android Site

Wont it be rejected since playstore asks watchfaces to be compatible with other wear os watches as well.

The way the old Android Wear OS worked if you use an app ID it should ask you to install it if isn’t installed it should work that way now. but it won’t have the app id for an just the heart rate only the entire Samsung Health app.

Secondly is there a way to let hear rate complication added on choice by user like a customizable complication. If its still not available. I would request this to be looked into next wfs updates

My understanding is it in the works.

You need to understand that in the past few years there have been many changes in privacy and especially in Health privacy with what is collected or shared.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Much appreciated this information.
Unfortunately, com.samsung.android.watch.flashlight for the Flashlight app does not work (it does nothing) on my Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.
Strange…
I have checked App IDs using adb and the flashlight app ID is exactly as indicated … but does not work…

If someone made it work, please post solution, thank you !

I got it to work at one point, but I’m not sure if I remember how I did it. You have to add something to the package declaration IIRC. I’ll try to dig it up. I’ll be back!

So I was more or less a zombie when I read this and replied, I just noticed that this thread is almost a year old. So I don’t know if this is even relevant in this thread.

I figured out the code, but since I’ve seen a question like this a few times before, I’ll post it in it’s own thread with the method I used to solve it.