Unable to upload binary - wrong profile for watch category?

I have successfully registered for a developers account and have created a watch face design to upload. When I get to the Add Binary section the binary (.tpk) is uploaded OK but then I get this message:

“The binary cannot be registered. You do not have permission to register an application to the Watch faces category.”

Is this because on my account it shows: Commercial Distribution Request in Progress?

Or have I registered for the wrong type of account. I will only be designing watch faces and not other apps.

Appreciate your help.

You should see this link on the Design Review Process for full information.

If you have further questions I’d be happy to help or tell you where to get answers.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Thanks for your reply - that makes sense. Can I suggest on the next version of the Designer instead of just rejecting the binary and saying “You do not have permission…” you add to the message - “Is this your first submission? Have you completed the Watch Face Design Review?”

That would help beginners like me who may have missed this stage.

Thanks for your help - design review submitted.

2 Likes

Hi,

There should have been a popup when you first tried to submit a watch face design. You may have missed it or you may have just assumed it was telling you about the review process.

I can suggest to the store that they change that wording.

Ron

Hi Ron. I know I saw at some point the design review message but I thought it was when I was reading the tutorials. Hopefully the review will be OK and I won’t need to do it again!

1 Like

Hello, I’m new at this.
I am confused with the answer they gave.
That error means that now that I am listed “Commercial Distribution Seller” and having a face in “Review” I will not be able to upload more faces until they approve the one that is under review? and as I understood in the link that they share the next revision is in August.
Do I have to wait until August for the review to finish?

Short answer yes you will need to wait until August and only the very best will be accepted at that time. The watch face seller ecosystem has been closed. You can use the GWS beta tools for personal use.

You can still create Watch and Android apps and upload them with a seller account and selll them as commercial distribution seller.

See this page for more information.

Ron

Hello there,
I have a merchant account but
During the binary file .tpk installation (Binary recording is not possible. You do not have permission to register an application in the watch faces category.)
dialog box appears on the screen.
I need to Request to Review Face Designs.
Where and how should I submit the application?

Please see the Design Review page in the GWS documentation.

The next application window starts Feb 10th

Ron

GWS documentation does not have any links for applying this review. All my previous designs “Suspended” about 9 month ago without communication to me. I’m free/non-commercial designer of watches and never violate any copyrights. I do not mind to submit review, but no obvious way to do that.

I’m sorry to hear you were suspended.
The application review period started today

The review agreement in 2019 required all sellers and free sellers to update or create new content twice every 3 months those that did not were suspended. Since this was a notice individual sellers were not notified.
Also all uploaders agree to keep up to date contact information and that was used to notify commercial sellers. Those that did not respond in a timely manner were in violation of the agreement and as such had their partnership suspended. If you were a commercial seller even if you had not for sale items you could have had your watch seller partnership revoked.

If I were you I’d just start designing for personal use or Galaxy Watch4 which will be distributed on Play Store and does not require the review. The odds of being accepted as a non commercial seller is practically nil.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations