WebXR Device API broken in latest version

Web XR implementation (at least immersive-ar sessions) is currently broken. Tested in several Samsung and non-Samsung devices with the lastest browser version (v23.0.1.1).

Steps to reproduce:

King regards

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for posting on the Samsung Developer’s Forum!

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request. I have forwarded your issue to the development team and will let you know as soon as they get back to me.

Sincerely,
Samiul Hossain
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello Pablo,

I am pleased to share that the root cause of your issue was found. The fix will be released in the next market release of Samsung Internet.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Samiul Hossain

Hello @samiul.h ,
I’m having similar issues on some of my web apps on Samsung Internet.
Seems that started after the latest update of my own S22 and other users on Samsung devices (jan 22 2024)
The aps are using Three JS WEBXR with AR button library and VR button library. AR or VR session are freezing the DOM page and render are not visible.
I’ve checked on three.js demos and the issue is the same as per my apps.
https://threejs.org/examples/?q=webxr#webxr_ar_cones

Could it be due to the update ?
Thank you very much for your support.

Webxr is also freeze and camera didnt pop up when enter AR in the samsung S23 FE. Is it will be fixed in the next version of samsung browser? Currently i use samsung internet browser v. 25. Thanks

Hi!
Any odea when the update will be released ? I cant use AR because of this bug. Th ak you

Hello!

Sorry for being inactive on this thread.

Can you please detail the issue you are facing and share the website link including screenshots of the difference in behaviour between Samsung Internet and Google Chrome? It will help me to identify and report back to the Samsung Internet team.

I tried testing on the threejs website linked above but I can’t find any difference between SI and Chrome.

Sincerely,
Samiul Hossain

Hello.!

I have just bought a Galaxy S22 to try if it would work but same issue.
When I want to view in AR more, the screen freeze. There is like a flash (like if the phone want to go in ar mode) but then nothing.
I saw on the forum we are a few to have this issue