Biggest User Complaint and Refunds - Steps goal

I am constantly getting users refund as they cant get the same steps / goal % from the Watch , why cant we use Samsung native API to read the steps goal having to set this to max 20,000 is a nightmare.

I get some users they say 10,000 is not enough then other users say 20,000 is to much. What are other devs setting for setting steps goal and will Samsung allow us to use the native APIs I dont care for other Android watch devices as I set most of my faces to Watch 4 only.

Please sort this out Samsung!

2 Likes

I also have a lot of refunds, but I never know why. I set my step goal at 10,000.

The WFS development team is aware of this issue. The issue is that WFS currently does not get the data from Samsung Health app.

I don’t think this will be solved this year but I’ll remind the team.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

3 Likes

Thank you much Ron much appreciated your reply.

Any update on this ?

As I understand it, with WearOS Powered by Samsung you cannot get information from Samsung Health API like you could when using Galaxy Watch Studio. Therefore the step percent is not the same as Samsung Health.

There seems to be two ways around this one is to have a variable that end users can set for Steps that probably needs to be an platform issue.
The other is to have Samsung Health app create complications for steps.

Perhaps the WFS team has another possible solution as they are aware of this.

Timeline for a version update is First Quarter of 2022.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Please read my post i made yesterday.

Latest Fiasco due to Latest Samsung health wear os app update. Crap layed by Samsung. ONLY solution i found is to remove Samsung health update

This is a good solution embedded complications inside wear os samsung health app so when health app is installed on watch. The complications are added to watch.

I saw this embedded in port apks of some branded watchfaces launched by other companies. This adds extra complications to the watch