Calories

Hey Guys,

Total newbie here with watch face studio (and any sort of watch face designing). I don’t quite understand how do you add calories since a tag can’t be used. I heard someone saying putting in a complication for calories but can someone explain it further or any link to documentation? thanks!

Calories is not supported on Wear OS Powered by Samsung.

Except for Step Count Samsung Health is not supported because it has not made its API Public but will make more public. It was possible in GWS because we had access to private API’s.

Older Wear OS watch faces had access to more Samsung Health complications and that may be what you read but those haven’t been updated to Wear OS Powered by Samsung yet.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

So Samsung decided “lets make an application for watchfaces, so peaople can create their own… BUT dont give them options to use the usefull things of the app”
Smart job, thank you

The philosophy of Wear OS is to have a single User Experience and to do that they use customization of the complications. Small Image and Monochromatic Image complications will allow the user to select the health complications.

Because of recent GDPR regulations how data is used, stored and shared. With the Tizen OS watches that was only on Samsung smart watches and we could include a private API for Heath data tags and fulfill the requirements for data. This is not possible with Wear OS Powered by Samsung which is on multiple watch brands.

I believe the WFS team and Health team are aware of the desire for health tags.

I hope this helps explain it to your satisfaction.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations