Tags for Distance Travelled and Calories Burned

Are there tags for Distance travelled, Calories Burned and Walking/running speed.
These tags were readily available in Galaxy watch designer (for Tizen) but I am not able to find them on Watch face studio for Wear OS

Unfortunately watch face studio was made more universal to support different “watch makers”.
So it is not able to take data from s-health app, like GWD/GWS used to. Question is, why it does not support the “wear OS native” health services instead.

Because WearOS was not originally designed with personalizing in mind. The User Experience was to be that users would easily open an app from the Home face like a Chrome Browser.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I am not talking about original wearOS, I am talking about this actual new one that offers these services.
As I understand it, even the watch faces are considered apps, not only a themes for one universal app.
Why would we need app, to run/open another app which then uses these services, if the first one should do it directly? Should these services run in background waste resources and provide no data until somebody opens 4th party app from 3rd party app?

calories would be nice, calories could be easy get with shared S-Health information from the watch

1 Like

I made a excel file with a lot of different steps count and colaries burned and calculate then averga to 0.48
a formula for a tag:
(([SC]*0.048)%1>0.5?([SC]*0.048)+1-([SC]*0.048)%1:([SC]*0.048)-([SC]*0.048)%1) kcal

(numberFormat("###", ([SC]*0.048))) kcal

1 Like

Hi GJL,

That’s an awesome mathematical formula.

I’m trying something impossible, to calculate steps taken into distance traveled. Have you tried? Like taking 1 step x 1 meter. I know some Dev’s have successfully planted distance on their Apps.

I use these formulas

(numberFormat("#.#", ([SC]*0.0004735))) miles
(numberFormat("#.#", ([SC]*0.000762))) km
(numberFormat("###", ([SC]*0.048))) kcal
(numberFormat("##.#",([SC]/([SC_GOAL]/100))))%

** 12/24H AUTO **
([IS_24H]>0?[HOUR_1_24_Z]:[HOUR_1_12_Z]):[MIN_Z]:[SEC_Z]
([IS_24H] <1? [AMPM] :“24H”)

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you very much GJL

Are you using this and not [SC_PER] only because you want precision to the decimal number ?

1 Like

Hola, yo uso las siguientes formulas, trate que estas tuvieran mas o menos lo mismo resultados que en samsung health.

Distancia en km

((([SC]*0.745)-([SC]*0.745)%1000)/1000% 100 ).((([SC]*0.745)%1000-([SC]*0.745)%100) /100)((([SC]*0.745)%100-([SC]*0.745)%10)/10)

Calorias

(([SC]*0.035)%1>0.5?([SC]*0.035)+1- ([SC]*0.035)%1:([SC]*0.035)-([SC]*0.035)%1)

Moverse (Actividad diaria)

(([SC]*0.011)%1>0.5?([SC]*0.011)+1- ([SC]*0.011)%1:([SC]*0.011)-([SC]*0.011)%1)

Con estas formulas cuando vayas al corazon de health tendras los mismo numeros

This is great stuff! Thanks for your efforts.

I’m looking into mimicking Samsung Health’s Active Time complication. Just not sure how to turn steps/HR data into time… Yet.

Any suggestions?

You need a global variable for that to get the start and stop UTC Timestamp and You can’t do that with WFS. You’d need a complication that written with Android Studio

Ron

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. Trying to get a face done quick for a company thing & was throwing a hailmary.

Thanks Ron.

Looks like the formula for the calorie here is calorie burnt based on Activity. In my Samsung Health app, there is also a Daily Total burnt calories, which is larger compared to the activity calorie.

Can you please help to make the formula for Total Burnt Calories? Thank you in advance.

I attach the image from my Samsung Health today, comparing Activity Calorie (201 kcal) and Total Burnt Calorie (1370 kcal).

The 201 kcal are the calories burned with the activity, like walking. Total burnt calories how they are calculated i don´t know. The Samsung health does do this.

1 Like

It looks like they take the percent of the day time your BMR plus your active burnt calories to get the running total

I found this online

Your basal metabolism rate is produced through the following basal metablic rate formula:

• Men: BMR = 88.362 + (13.397 x weight in kg) + (4.799 x height in cm) – (5.677 x age in years)
  • Women: BMR = 447.593 + (9.247 x weight in kg) + (3.098 x height in cm) – (4.330 x age in years)

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like