Date/Time/URL Links in Messages Broken

I have an app thats sending MMS Messages with an URL to respective users handsets. Certain phones that have the default Messages app they cannot click the URL link. If they are able to click the link it sends them to “la la land” and not the URL destination Im directing them too. Im hoping that someone can direct me to what is going on. Its virtually impossible for me to speak with 1000 users to try to see which phones are affected and which are not affected.

**I recorded the behavior from my iphone and saved the video in dropbox so that you’ll can see the behaviour when clicking the link and see how it redirects. Please help. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gku608untiuv74v/IMG_7602.MOV?dl=0

I found a similar thread on Samsung website that’s affecting multiple users but someone marked it as Solved and this is not solved.

Hi,
Can you tell us if this is just Android to iPhone. I know deeplinks do not always work in messages.

See this site for more information

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I hope that helps,

Ron

Hi Ron, the application (PHP web portal based) creates a schedule link that’s encapsulated in a tinyurl link and uses vendor EZtexting to pass the message to the mobile users. I have a CRON job that runs and kicks off the tinyurl > SMS > headset process. This process works with iphone users, email users and some Samsung phones. Its a hit or miss. Someone users cannot click the link. Ive tried this in every possible way. Its some type of bug with the default Messages application of the phone. If a user had their default app set for Google Messages then this behavior does not happen. I cannot determine and make sure everyone is using Google Messages. For the most part I have been sending users who are having an issues (directing them to email instead of SMS). The link is a very small tinyurl.com/**#(

I was hoping I had a solution. Samsung product development teams do not view users boards to avoid any disputes over originality of ideas. If using Samsung support- contact doesn’t work the best way is to use the service provider they do have direct path to product development teams. It is probably best to use both paths.

Ron