Steps to reproduce:
- get the DENT app from the Play market
- Register with a real phone number
- Go to Data Plan tab
- Press Get Started button
- Buy an initial package of 200 MB Worldwide for small amount of DENTs
- Press “Set Up DENT eSim”
- On the eSim installation screen, Allow DENT app to install the eSim
Expected result : eSim is installed successfully
Actual result : on Samsung S20 with Android 11 eSim installation fails.
Additional info :
- DENT app has carrier privileges and installs eSim without any issues on Samsung devices with Android 10
- EuiccManager.downloadSubscription() method first returns with a result code EMBEDDED_SUBSCRIPTION_RESULT_RESOLVABLE_ERROR (result code 1).
- After receiving a result code 1, DENT app tries to launch a resolution activity, the process fails with code 1 (resolvable error)
- After second attempt to launch a resolution activity, the process fails with code 2 (unresolvable error)
- The received result intents have no additional descriptions or codes in extras.
Installation goes successful only if the user scans the QR-code of our eSim with a system QR-scanner.
Samsung devices with Android 10 and devices from other brands with Android 11 install esim from our app without any problems