Examples Needed!

While the video is very useful, I can’t tell what’s buggy and what’s my idiocy.
We need 2 or 3 examples of watchfaces that demo varying levels of functionality to save us all hours of work.

Example One:
Simple Watch:

• An Index (why call it index and not background)
  • 5 complications: battery, heart rate, steps, day, event.

Example Two:
Same as above, but change the complications to include Small Image and Photo Image.

Example Three:
Back to example one – but show the power of tags to create colored progress bars, text movement and other key capabilities.

Attached is a template for Example One.
I think I’m doing things right…but:
bottom complication: Heart rate has a mind of its own (can only be set by Tag),
right complication: setting complication to steps seems to ignore the Layout - no icon or data is shown.
left complication: Battery, seems to work.

Hoping we can work as a community and create this base template!

Surely you need to provide the Project file in your attachment not the compiled .apk . Maybe provide the .wfs file.

Very good point. Trying again. I think the apk might be needed as well for the resources – but I’m not sure.
Here is a new zip with both. I’ll do a separate post on the laundry list of “not quite there” items I have discovered so far.WatchFaceStudio.zip (2.9 MB)

We need 2 or 3 examples of watchfaces that demo varying levels of functionality to save us all hours of work.

Be sure to read the documentation for WFS

An Index (why call it index and not background)

An index is the ring around the edge for minutes and has different properties than other images.

5 complications: battery, heart rate, steps, day, event.

in WFS they call them components and components have complications as an option. Complications are predefined classes in WearOS and this is not like GWS had.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations