Export data from Galaxy Watch

Hi All,

I need some help if possible. I have some activity on my Galaxy Watch that didn’t sync with my Galaxy S9 app for Strava (exercise app for those that don’t know). I am trying to see if there is a way to access the raw data on the watch in order to manually upload to Strava. All I need are the raw data files.

Does anyone have a way that I can access the local storage of my Galaxy Watch and browse for the required files. Not having a physical connection option is making it difficult.

thanks

Juz…

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum. There are several Watch File Manager / transfer apps available for Galaxy Watch. It sounds like one of those would work for you. However, this is not the correct forum for end product bug reports, questions or concerns.

I would also recommend you post using the Samsung Members App or at Samsung support select Contact US and then the Social tab Join the Conversation

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Thanks Ron for the reply.

Any chance you could just list some of those apps that allow transfer from Watch to PC or vice versa? I’ve already tried Samsung Support and they could not help. I was informed there is not way to transfer files from local watch storage which I find weird as how else would you load the original OS onto the device.
There must also be a process to pull down logs or data for debugging from the watch in some way. I did attempt Galaxy Watch Designer but without knowing the file structure of the Tizen OS made it difficult to navigate the directory structure.

I’ll try the forums again but several hours of trawling didn’t assist.

Thanks

You can pull data logs for debugging however understanding the logs is difficult.

A frequent Contributor to this forum has an app that should work. Filesmaster note files not file it requires an Android app on your phone.
http://slandmedia.com/apps/gear/Filesmaster/

Also it looks like
File Transfer and Manager
and
Gear File Manager Pro
will do what you want too.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Thanks. I will check those out. Appreciate the response.

:+1: :+1: