Getting raw sensor data from a wearable

I am a newbie in this field so need some help. For one of my projects, I need to collect raw sensor data specifically accelerometer data from a wearable. Can I do it using Samsung Gear fit? I mean if I write a native service app for this, can I run it in a Gear Fit independently?
Also if I record the data in a file in the wearable device, can I access that file from Tizen studio, copy and save it? If yes then how?

I am a newbie in this field so need some help. For one of my projects, I need to collect raw sensor data specifically accelerometer data from a wearable. Can I do it using Samsung Gear fit?

If it is the 5/6 year old Gear Fit2 and Fit2 Pro it is possible, I’m not sure with the very original Gear Fit but I don’t think that is possible. If this is Galaxy Fit (the one released a couple years ago, no that is RealOS and can not be modified.

I mean if I write a native service app for this, can I run it in a Gear Fit independently?

I believe there are lots of examples on GitHub for Tizen sensors.

Also if I record the data in a file in the wearable device, can I access that file from Tizen studio, copy and save it? If yes then how?

Tizen Studio is an IDE could can connect to the watch from your computer and access data and there probably is a file reader app for this too.

Again this is for the very early Gear Fit2 and Fit2 Pro not the release a few years ago. If you don’t have a device I’d suggest you get something a bit newer like a Gear Sport, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch3 or Galaxy Watch Active2.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations