Get Data from Samsung Health to Tizen Application

I am currently developing Tizen Application on Galaxy Watch Active 2.
I am planning to retrieve data from Samsung Health SDK to my application.
Would it be possible to do this? If not, what are the alternative ways? Thank you.

As far as I know you could use the Android SHealth SDK and get information from that for your personal use and then have the companion app on your watch.

Unfortunately SHealth partnership is temporarily suspended. So you need the mobile in developer mode and that may not be practical if you wanted it distribute your app.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. Is it also not possible to get data from the Galaxy Wearable app? Or What could be an alternative way? Thank you.

You would need to create an Android app that gets the information on the mobile and then send that to a companion app on the watch.

The alternative (unless Samsung makes the API public) is to access the sensors and create your own application that is documented and probably code for it in GitHub. The downside is it won’t match SHealth… for example SHealth starts a workout after 10 mins of activity and uses that data. It determines what is activity and what is just normal motion.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Since when the partneship was disabled? Any idea when it can enabled or is it a long-term discontinuation.

We are developing a simple android phone app where we need access to Samsung Heath Data. We only need access to exercise data to be displayed. We thought using the Health SDK, but it looks like the partnership program has been put on hold. Without it we won’t be able to get that data.

Any alternative for android /ios phone app?

I don’t have any time frame for partnership applications.

You can get the sensor data that is not a problem there are tons of examples to do this in a Tizen App on your watch and there are examples of sending that to your mobile. It is what you do with the data. It will not sync up with the Samsung Health app unless you are spot on in your calculations.

I really don’t have any more of a clue to when they will open applications for partnership I wish I did.

Ron

Thanks for your reply, Ron. I am new to Tizen,… using Tizen OS we will be creating an app for Galaxy watch only which has this OS. But what about android phones using the Samsung health app and where we do not have a watch…means we want to get/sync android phone health data only?

And what do mean to say when you mentioned: “It will not sync up with the Samsung Health app unless you are spot on in your calculations.”

Thanks

Hi, Ron,

Is it possible to create a Tizen App for the watch (Active 2), which can query the weight and body fat information from the SHealth on phone? I don’t want to create an android application if there is some way to get these basic datas from SHealth.

(Now after 6.11 of SHealth, weight management has been terminated and my watch can’t display my weight data - as it says I should enable weight management on the phone. Therefore I though I’ll create a Tizen app for just this).

What do you think - is it possible to get the weight data from SHealth to a Tizen app/widget?

GM Ron,

Can we get sensor data from the android phone as well to be posted on an external site? I need the exersize data like running, walking and cycling. Appreciate if you can direct me to some relevance documentation.

Thanks

That information was manually entered in and was removed from SHealth because it could be misleading.
Your app can query and enter that information in the watch.

Ron

1 Like

There are some simple examples on developer.tizen.org and I think that there are several on github as well. I’d look at those. The WebApp and Native and .net are all different so not knowing what you are using I can’t search for them.

Ron

We are designing a webapp to post data from phone to our web application…where the first step will be to get sensor data like running, walking etc. Mainly, I want to know if its possible to get sensor data “From Phone” without using Samsung Health SDK which is now not available.

Ron, thanks.

That information was manually entered in and was removed from SHealth because it could be misleading.

My weight information is filled automatically by a smart scale directly into SHealth, so it’s good for me.

Your app can query and enter that information in the watch.

“Your app” here means my Tizen app on the watch?

That is super cool, I need one of those !!

If this is for your personal use it may be possible to create an Android companion app that send the information to your app on your watch You get the health information on a mobile using the Heath SDK and the phone in developer mode but you can’t distribute it.
There are Tizen examples on how to send information from an Android device to a Watch.

The best option is do manually set it in your watch app.

Ron

This is for personal use, yes.

The best option is do manually set it in your watch app.

That’s the thing I’d like to avoid - in the morning I jump on the scale → it puts the measurements into SHealth, and during the day I want to check how many lbs(kg) was I in the morning: I can check it on the phone, or will be super to check on the watch itself (no need to get my phone out of my bag). The key thing here is I don’t have to remember the weight number from the morning when I was sleepy and just have got up.

Did I have any option to not creating an android companion app just for this? Or a companion app is a must for this?

Thanks!

To be honest I don’t even know if you can create an Android app and get the weight since the links to weight management from the Watch no longer work.

I believe SHealth is going to be updated on the Watch sometime. You might just want to wait on anything until that happens. If you can get the video of the Note 20 unpacking it mentions it.

Ron

1 Like

Thanks Ron, I’ll wait then.

It’s very good having you around. On a lot of forums, it takes days or even weeks to get some response, and here I got details just in a couple of hours after asking.

I appreciate your work, thank you.