Force GPS of watch and disable phone's GPS

Hi,

For my golf app it is realy important that i use the watch GPS. Tizen by default uses the phones GPS if available. In Golf, people have their phone in their cart/bag. GPS and phone are separated quite a distance. I also noticed that while using the phones GPS the updates comes at intervals of 20 seconds. That interval is way too high. Can this interval be adjusted?

I prefer not ask a user to “Switch off phones GPS”. I want to programmatically do this. But if this cannot be done, how can I check if the phones GPS is used or the Watch?

FYI: I use a Web application with a native service running in the background.

Hello,
As far as I know, Galaxy watches GPS works in the following way:

• When the watch is connected with the phone and the phone’s GPS is on, GPS data is collected from phone.
  • When the watch is connected with the phone and the phone’s GPS is off, GPS data is collected from watch.
  • When the watch is not connected with the phone, GPS data is collected from phone.

I did not find any option in the API documentation to chose the device that is mobile or watch.

Thanks for the response. I’ve figured that out as well. Since my needs internet My plan is to ask the user to switch off the gps on the phone.

How can I detect if the GPS comes from the phone? I noticed that GPS updates from the phone have an interval of 20 seconds. But is this interval the same for all phone brands/models?

Interval should be same for all brands/models.