Incoming Call Video Background must have embedded ringtone?

Regarding your inquiry, if a “video call background type” is used for the call background, sound must be included in the video file.

• Themes Studio > Phone > Incoming call > Call background > Video background

If a video call background without sound is used, confusion may occur due to the ringtone not ringing because it operates silently when the buyer applies the Themes.

Therefore, please understand that video files without sound cannot be used as call backgrounds at this time.

This doesn’t make sense, it would force users to use one ringtone over their own preferred one. Call background video is a cool feature, don’t force users to use embedded ringtone they might hate and cause them to request refund. Please remove this requirement for call background video.

1 Like

Agree, this is a ridiculous requirement. Makes the APK extra large as well.

1 Like

I think the suggestion should be when no ringtone is added the mobile default ringtone should be used.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hi Ron, could you please verify this with GTS team? I know for fact this is not the case on my Fold3 Android 12, the phone uses my chosen ringtone while displaying background video that has no sound embedded. Plus, both incoming and outgoing call shows background video.

1 Like

@X9_Studio totally agree with you, why should a call background video have a ringtone embedded when you already have the theme’s ringtone provided separately - as a sound file within the apk (sounds section: ringtone, alarm, typing, dialing sounds, etc. all those are sounds files, FYI)
On the other hand, if the theme doesn’t have a ringtone included, then the device should use the user’s own ringtone.
this is so ridiculous

Sorry, I don’t have any contacts in the Themes team any longer You can open a developer support request on it.

Ron

1 Like