Learning Sunrise Sunset Complication

Is the Sunrise Sunset complication broken . I am new to WFS and find the Manual a little Sparse in detail .However Well done Samsung for having some sort of Manual . I don’t know if it is correct to post a link to the Draft but here we are .

SHORT TEXT TEST.zip (184.2 KB)

1 Like

hI @russellcresser, its nice to see you here :slight_smile:

What do you mean its broken ?

And yes, its ok topost draft here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @adrianrogalski Good to see you here as well . I send a test Face to my watch with this complication to my watch and I get nothing . I have tried Fixed and Editable . GPS is on and the correct permission is granted but i get nothing . I have tried the battery complication and that works fine . Thanks for your response .

1 Like

@russellcresser
To start out… Sunrise / Sunset tells that it is either when the next sunset will be or the next Sunrise. This is important to some religions for prayers. If you expected to see both it isn’t the way it works.

If you look in the properties for the short text the Layout you have icon text and title. Add the other 3 options with the +. It may be that the Sunrise/Sunset does not have the complication that you selected but if you add the others then all options will be available.

Fixed means the end user can’t change it. Editable is one that can be customized.

Complications in WFS are a lot different than in GWS. Complications are created by the developer of the App not WFS and that is the big difference. While GWS includes some default complications they may not be exactly the same as See Sinjae’s replies in this thread he explains it pretty well.

Let me know if that doesn’t help I’ll build and run it on my watch on my home computer.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

2 Likes

@russellcresser

Do you mean that the “Sunset / Sunrise” complications set by default to WFS is shown with a crossed out symbol on Watch ?

It’s an issue that appeared with the latest Wear OS update (I had already reported it several times).

If you want to view “Sunset / Sunrise” correctly on your watch, select the other Sunset / Sunrise complication, directly on your watch, with a “colored icon”.

1 Like

HI @r.liechty_SDR . You will see that in my reply to @adrianrogalski I understand entirely about Editable and fixed in the complications . I completely understand that only Sunrise or Sunset will be shown .
Are you saying that the test text fields have to have something in them . There is no way to access tags via these text Fields .

in here

1 Like

Hi @Matteo_Dini On my watch it shows __ where the Data would Be . I guess that is what you mean by Crossed out . I understand if I make the Button Editable I can select The Complication on the Watch . If I was Professional Designer for Samsung Watches I would rather It was Sorted before the User Had to Learn to Set up his watch for every Complication . Just Saying . It is Always Difficult When You Are New to a Platform .

2 Likes

so @Matteo_Dini Thank you for your commitment to this Topic . On a separate note is it problematic if you type Carriage Return when yo type the passwords in for the build . I not that on the UI Carriage return is Mandatory on most inputs but not everything . So I have implemented your work around . I would hate to publish a watch with the Instructions for that with every time . I am very fond of creating Faces with Moon phase Hrs of daylight and that sort of thing .

Screenshot_20221129_212929_weather
Screenshot_20221129_212925_sysui
Screenshot_20221129_212809_sysui

1 Like

In Watch Face Studio the icon, text and title fields are juse exemplars (that is they are only there so you can vision them in the Work (or Run) window they are not transferred to the Watch.
When installed the watch uses whatever complication you set has coded for it.

If there were tags for those fields it may be even more confusing for the designer.

Ron

2 Likes

He Listen Ron @r.liechty_SDR I am getting my head round that . I see lots of cool Tags for the Moon and Time Zone stuff . Also onboard Health stuff . I am just surprised there are not tags for Sunrise Sunset but I do understand the technical difficulty’s of getting that right . Thank you as always for your time .

1 Like

HI Russell

Since sunset and sunrise depend on location as well at time WFS can’t do it. WFS has no access to weather data for various reasons.

Weather is a top feature request but standardization and licensing seem to be a bother.

Ron

Ron

2 Likes

I have difficulty trying to imagine how it works as it does at all . It feels like a Miracle some times . The mistake is comparing one Platform with another . I have a great respect for the Gyro Simulating Joystick . On the other Platform I am working on they are horribly confused about the difference between a Gyro and an Accelerometer . I don’t claim to know everything but I know on measures in Angles and the other in G Force . Thanks again for your continued support .

1 Like

@russellcresser please contact me: 69designpl (at) gmail

1 Like

Address is a NOP please advise . Sorry I did not check here before . You could always DM me another way .

1 Like

you right, Ive sent FB msg :slight_smile:

2 Likes