Make Battery animation

Is there a good guide how to make a battery animation for 100% to 0% ?

1 Like

Please explain what you mean by animation are you talking about a progress bar of some sort a dial or do you want dancing figures ever 5% loss.

If you just want say a battery that disappears it is easiest to create the images and then reveal or hide them in the Battery Timeline.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Ron - Samsung Developer Relations - please write some more, how to do it. I’m new in making watch faces, and need more informations.
How does timeline work ?

Click on the Plus icon and then add the battery timeline (default it clock)
you can then show and hide images as the battery level changes

There are other tricks like moving an image in and out using tags or show and hide with tags for Opacity

Ron

Nevermind, I just found it… The “Conditional” label threw me off track. DOH!

Ron,
Where is the timeline “Plus icon” in V1.1.14 of WatchFaceStudio? It’s not as easy to find as it was in GWS.
I’m able to import my battery timeline from a .gwd resource, and it functions, but I can’t find it’s timeline.

I’m good. Thanks for the reply.

Timeline Plus

Ron

Do you mean something like this?

The battery icon animates when it charges.
Or here is a better one. You can see it is not charging, then it is plugged in.

There’s no real documentation on this, no help files, not even a help menu. Saying “you can hide and show” without telling how is beyond worthless.

Please include how this is done.

Hello ScorpioGlitch,
Welcome to Samsung Developer Forum.
You seems like upset. This forum actually discuss developers issue and most of the developers know the basic functionalities of WFS. That is why Ron don’t describe in details.
If someone want details description he surely describe in details. He is very helpful person :blush:

Please follow these steps to add timeline for battery:

1. Create a project
  2. Add an image from component
  3. Add timeline for Battery . You will get the timeline for battery if you click on the plus icon, see this image(https://global.discourse-cdn.com/samsung/original/2X/1/1f33dbbf940f9ee0c0b8e836308049b4e478999c.png)
  4. Now you can see the battery icon added top of the plus icon.
  5. Press on the battery icon. You will get the timeline for battery percentage.
  6. Double click on any portion of the line, it will select the full line. That means for any battery percentage your image will be shown .
  • If you want to set your image for any specific battery percentage then you can do this. Right click on the timeline. You will get the delete option. Delete the condition line. Then double click on any percentage portion, you can select as many portion as you want just double click on it.

Please share if you don’t understand anything I have said.
Have a great day :blush: :blush: :blush:

2 Likes

Since this is an Android tool the documentation is on Android Developer Wear WFS Training and specifically conditional settings are documented HERE

The WFS page has a link for Complications which leads to the wear training. I can request it be updated so the link says Wearable training instead.

Ron

I think Ron, the problem is in the documentation. The steps 2 & 3 say select, but do not describe how. I mean there is no mention about the illogical delete first - select then part of the process like @Boshra wrote:

Time

Your watch face can change dynamically based on time intervals. For example, your watch face can be bright during the day then gradually darken as time passes. You can set the time to be measured in hours, minutes, or seconds.

Add a time condition using the following steps:

1. Create layers.
  1. Set time periods to control when each layer is displayed. Select the starting bar then select the time range.
  2. Click and drag from the start bar to the end bar.
  1. Repeat steps two and three to set time periods for each of the layers.
  2. Click Run to preview your changes.
2 Likes

I misunderstood, I did the support response answer the question most commonly asked. I thought they didn’t think there was any documentation about the conditional lines.

I’ll see if we can update the documentation.

Ron

1 Like

Hey, sorry for taking so long to get back here and thank you for the reply.

I am a bit upset. It’s difficult to find content and documentation and explanations that apply to Watch Face Studio because of how many similar names there are for the watches AND the software. It’s… extremely frustrating. This post was the closest I had managed to find to anything related.

I’ve read through your instructions and they do work. In hindsight, it seems so obvious but, again, without documentation, it’s difficult to try to figure out all of the features.

Again, thank you.

Oh, and if you have a link or something to an actual user’s manual or help docs for Watch Face Studio, that would be absolutely fabulous. Nevermind, I found the link.

Thank you! This was exactly what I’ve been looking for.

I didn’t think there was any. That’s how difficult it’s been trying to find it.

If the Watch Face Studio software could have a Help menu option that could either pull the latest documentation to display natively or just merely link to current documentation, that would help a lot of watch face designers.

1 Like

The old Galaxy Watch Face Studio did that, I’ll suggest it. I gather all the feature requests and submit them after a new release

Ron

1 Like

Thank you. Is there a more “proper” place to make suggestions? I have a few.

Thanks

You can add your request in this feature request thread.

Thank you for the link!