New Version WFS 1.6.9 Beta and SDK 33

Hi,
I have downloaded new version of Watch Face Studio. After creating watch face the SDK shows 30, Can you suggest how to increase SDK to 33. Thanks in advance.

Watch Face Studio 1.4.13 started support for watch faces for watch devices that run Wear OS targeting API level 30 and higher as well as supporting watch face format of Wear OS
Do you want to just drop support for API level 30

Watch Face Studio 1.6.9 Beta

1. Common
  • Support Memory Usage Plugin.
  1. Edit & Properties
  • Add Analog clock, Digital clock(HH:MM, HH:MM:SS, HH, MM, SS, Colon) and ICU date in Component menu.
  • Add Outline property in Shape.
  • Support capture types(Icon, Screenshot, Masked Screenshot) in Run Window Popup.
  • Support Style Option ID in Customization Editor.
  • Add Range value in Supported types of Small Box Complication slot.
  • Support OpenType Font.
  • Support Indonesia language in Run tab.
  1. ETC
  • Add to reduce battery consumption in ambient mode when using AnalogClock or HH:MM of DigitalClock components.
  • Fixed font clip problem.
  • Improve smoothness of animation feature.
  • Fixed IS_DAYLIGHT_SAVING_TIME issue.
  • Fixed complication data not visible issue.
  • Fixed minor bugs and GUI improvements.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

4 Likes

Thank you Watch Face Studio team for releasing this new version. I love the fresh darkmode color scheme and the options for screenshots. I still have issue though with Truetype font being cut off using this new version when loaded in the watch device.
20240227_113849

1 Like

Hi. This is Samsung Declarative Watch Face (app responsible for rendering watch faces) issue. It is same for stock Wear OS 4 emulator / Pixel Watch. Hard to say when this will be fixed.

Temporary solution is to add space before / after text input.

5 Likes

What about complications where we can’t add “spaces”?

I think this is a big issue because when you design a watch face, you also develop it based on the fonts you chose.

It’s very stressful to work this way because you never know how the watch face will actually be shown on the watch (and you have to spend a lot of time looking for alternative fonts “hoping” they don’t show this issue).

I think it’s a very urgent thing to fix because we can’t update even old apps due to this issue.

BTW, thanks to the WFS Team for releasing an update of course :pray:

6 Likes

Same here not compatible on the watch.

@Ballozi for my own mobile and watch it shows this error. But other user already downloaded 36 times i see in play console.

Hi @r.liechty_SDR based on new version SDK shows 30, can you advise how to increase SDK 33. Thanks.

Sorry my fault. Forgot to tick the form factors Wear OS. I’m sending another update again.

Hi everyone,
After adding descriptions in the list options for colors and backgrounds with this new WFS 1.6.9 I can’t see anywhere (not in the latest Samsung Wear App nor in the wf customization in my Samsung watch 5 pro wos4) any descriptions text.
Everything is like before, without any text under colors or background. It is present just in the customization editor in WFS.
@r.liechty_SDR Why then adding custom descriptions if not to show them in the app or watch?

Also, what about Boolean choice like On/Off for items?

And last question, why is not possible in the WFS emulator to take print screen images with watches skins other than just watch face itself? Or record a preview Video without external tools?

However, thanks to team for this new version delivering nice improvements, like memory footprint plugin and better export options for images, list options , even if there are important things yet to come.

@QuBitTime
seem that even default stock watch face don’t show the description also.

could be before it had, and everyone request this feature. but for some reason wearable app removed the description after a update.

I expect a newer release than this Beta hopefully that will have new features.

Ron

2 Likes

I can only imagine it is so you can import styles, and so on, from one project to another in a future release. That has always been a big feature request.

Ron

Hi @r.liechty_SDR
could you please tell more about plugins

where to get these said plugins is there specific marketplace or page for plugins that I am unaware of.
    Apart from all the sensor that request already made earlier

I would request these features
availably to toggle on off icons like music playing and lockscreen icons and notification dot on AOD display and home screen just by long pressing the icons

Similarly to disable AOD mode for a specified time 1 hour when long pressed/palm hold, Its annoying in pitch black while sleeping even how low the brightness is.
also when I wake up after sleeping, the AOD is still slept and turned off unless I press the top button and close the home screen then it wakes up.

also can we get access to gyro data - like the watch In general can implement that ,
to count water intake, most of us drink from bottles some glasses that the action is pretty consistent maybe it can start tracking our water intake from that action, It will be a great health feature, I don’t have enough time resources currently to develop it

Also is there a more detailed change log, comparing before and after or video,

also How can I export screenshots from my watch 4 to phone? since the compilations are not same in studio.

@app.devting

Memory plugin, install this it will then appear in wfs top right corner

1 Like

Try pressing the two buttons on your watch…once u take screen shot it should sync to your phone gallary

Atleast it works on my 5 pro

See @Knightwing reply

availably to toggle on off icons like music playing and lockscreen icons and notification dot on AOD display and home screen just by long pressing the icons

I think that would have to be a Wear feature request.

Similarly to disable AOD mode for a specified time 1 hour when long pressed/palm hold, Its annoying in pitch black while sleeping even how low the brightness is.
also when I wake up after sleeping, the AOD is still slept and turned off unless I press the top button and close the home screen then it wakes up.

You should be able to set this in settings or have them sync with the phone sleep mode. This is something you can request in the Samsung Members App or Community

Turn off Gestures for waking phone

also can we get access to gyro data - like the watch In general can implement that ,

Isn’t that available in the sensor accelerometer TAGS now or am I thinking wrong?

to count water intake, most of us drink from bottles some glasses that the action is pretty consistent

The old Tizen watches had this for a while but it was dropped I heard that people expected it to automatically track their water intake and complained, same with Calories.

Also is there a more detailed change log, comparing before and after or video,

If I understand what you want I don’t see it.

also How can I export screenshots from my watch 4 to phone? since the compilations are not same in studio.

Again @Knightwing has the answer. This really works well compared to the old Tizen where you had to export them from the watch to the mobile.

Ron