RESTful API

Hi there,

I have been trying to find some information about this but I haven’t seem to have much luck finding an answer. Is there a way of accessing Samsung Health data from a simple RESTful API?

I’m developing a webapp where all collected Samsung Health data would be pretty handy. I don’t require data straight from a tracker device but rather from Samsung Health servers. That’s why its Android SDK doesn’t work for me as the webapp won’t be installed on a device, it is a simple dashboard of information.

I hope someone can shed some light on it.

4 Likes

Hi,
Currently there is no REST API for Samsung Health SDK.

Thank you.

This would be hugely beneficial. We run walking challenges in different regions of the US/UK and Canada. We integrate with fitbit,garmin and google fit. We tell our users to either purchase a garmin, fitbit or use their android device to track steps. It has been fairly successful for our small company with up to 10,000 users joining the challenges (and often asking us for recommendations on which device to purchase). Unfortunately Samsung is not in our list of recommendations since they lack a restful api for us to easily integrate.

1 Like

Hi, @Jakia.Sultana!

Does it mean, that this API:
https://developer.samsung.com/health/server/partner-only/api-reference/intro.html
is not working?

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello guys,

I’d like to use Samsung Health REST Data API for my web application pharmaceutical bank. is it working now?

Kind regards,
Dainis

I’m also interessed in a REST API, could it be that this is now accessable? I found this sentence in the API documentation:
Samsung Health provides Server SDK with REST APIs for accessing the user’s health data in Samsung Health Server. It enables a service provider to expand a service scope to a Web region not only with an app.

Samsung Health Server SDK is available to Samsung Health’s strategic partners only with a contract.

I am so happy to see that the issue have been solved. I am faced the same problem.

Thanks,

This is so cringe of them. “strategic” Seriously?

We bought devices. We paid money for them. Allow us access to our data! Small developers like myself want it for PERSONAL reasons. I am not out to make money here - I simply want to innovate better ways for myself to keep up to the physical challenge.

Google led me to this conversation, and later I got into this rabbit hole: Introduction | Samsung Developers

Apparently there IS an API to access data from Samsung Health available nowadays.

You can also access Samsung health API from Terra API

All the links above are dead. Android API requires partnership even to begin development and partners program is now closed.

Effectively there is no API at all?