Screen orientation in samsung dex

The s7+ works best in DEX mode because of its big screen. unfortunately DEX works in landscape mode only which is somewhat annoying when reading documents. of cause you can switch back to classic android mode on this case but this would kill your whole dex session.

2 Likes

Thank you for participating in the Samsung Developer Forum. However, this is not the correct forum for end product bug reports, questions or concerns.

I would recommend you post using the Samsung Members App. Log in atSamsung support select Contact US and then select community. This may vary depending on your location.

I am moving this request to the DEX Developer Forum but I think most of that discussion is on Stackoverflow Samsung-Dex tag

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

This isn’t an end product bug though.

This effects all devices. The Dex application does not appear to have the ability to change aspect ratios, and is therefore essentially unusable on a monitor that is in portrait mode.

This is especially an issue while using the PC version of DEX where you would like to be able to change the window size.

This forum is only for using Samsung Development tools (SDKs and APIs) and not for Samsung software or devices or applications running on Samsung Devices.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community