Sunset/Sunrise

Is there a way to change an image when the time reaches 30 minutes to the sunset or 30 minutes prior to sunrise? This would really increase the functionality of the watch. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JC Willette

Hello Willette,

I don’t know is this possible or not, but the idea is amazing. If you get any solution please share it.

I find a thread you can see this if it help you anyway.

1 Like

Watch face studio does not access the Weather directly that has to be done via complications. That is the philosophy of Wear OS. So there are no Tags for this. GWS allowed for a Weather API to be added but again that isn’t the philosophy of Wear OS.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I will look into this…It might be a solution to the problem.

Thanks

JC Willette

I understand. Maybe there is a way to check the time…and when that time is reached an image can be replaced. Any ideas?

JC Willette

I understand. Maybe there is a way to check the time…and when that time is reached an image can be replaced. Any ideas?

You would need to know the longitude and latitude of wherever the watch is as well as when DST starts and Ends for that country etc.

However you could set some settings using the Hour Tags to modify images or backgrounds etc. but it would not be close in large countries.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations