USB Demo Packaging Tool - Stopped Working

Hello All,

I work for a company that makes SmartTV apps for several companies.

Some are Samsung partners, and most of them request access to the USB Demo Packaging Tool.

For years now we would give our clients and our testers a .wgt file which they would later convert to a .tmg file with the packaging tool to install test apps on a device.

In the last few months something changed where we are now getting an error on device saying:

Invalid app package for security check failed

Our author, and distributor certificate is not expired, and nothing has changed when it comes to certificates, permissions, or config.xml structure, so at the moment we aren’t certain what it could be.

Wanted to know if you guys know how to debug and get more information on that failure.

Also do you recommend any other way to prepare USB assets for my clients to install?
The alpha-test program sounds great but it doesn’t work on any of my clients, testers, or developer devices.

Even the 2020+ devices they have.

I would suggest you look for an answer in the FAQ-Q/A under the most appropriate topic on the Smart TV Seller Office site

If you don’t find a solution there then sign in and open a Smart TV Seller Support Request . They can help you better there.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

:sweat_smile: I had a feeling I was going to be sent back to the seller support.

Was hoping others had insight.

I will send them a message now, thank you.